Stiff, Headless Enemies, Anyone Else?

Kodiak412

I was waiting for Dawnguard to be released for PC so I didn't play Skyrim for about a month. Just the other day I started it back up and got the 1.7 patch and purchased Dawnguard.

I had a lot of CTD issues when entering Fort Dawnguard at first but after working through many mods I narrowed it down and reloaded some of the other mods that did not seem to be a problem. Now though I sometimes see an enemy with their arms out stiff and naked. If they are human they are also headless. I have seen this with Trolls and Bears and some Bandits. It is not always and it is quite infrequent and after you kill the enemy you cannot loot the corpse. The corpse is just standing there and you cannot interact with it anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am trying to figure out whether it is some game bug or some mod is causing this strange issue. Thanks in advance for any reply as to whether you have seen this happen or not.

Edit: I went into the mod manager and unchecked all the mods. I loaded up a save and went to an area with enemies that I can see this happen. Even with all the mods unchecked I still get the stiff, naked, headless enemies. They speak and will chase you but, it is pretty strange. They are stiff and kind of just "float" along the ground, like they are straight out of the program that creates them.

Edited by Kodiak412

You might have some outdated behavior file lying around.

Check

Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Meshes\actors\character\behaviors

Also:

Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Meshes\actors\character\characters

Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Meshes\actors\character\characters female

You could also do a verify game cache integrity in steam.

Edited by Ultimatepurge

"The only good Thalmor is a stiff, headless Thalmor" - Blitzen

Anyway, that sounds like multiple problems. The stiff part is usually caused by an animation mod. If you installed some animation mod that requires FNIS but didn't run the animation generator, for example, you might get something like that, but it usually only effects the player or other humanoids. It might help to see your mod list. Also, keep in mind that unchecking mods doesn't remove the effects of mods that don't use an .esm or .esp file. If you replace a standard animation, you only need a new animation file with the correct name. You don't need an .esp.

Hey guys i got same problem as Kodiak.

It's very rare but anoying bug i belive it's Dawnguard issue not the mods started when i got Dawnguard...

My game was started new from patch 1.7 + Dawnguard.

Edit: OK now im 100% sure it's Dawnguard + patch 1.7 i found this by accident this is exactly same thing i have notice this is on console...

Kodiak i quess we have to wait for 1.8 and pray :) One thing worried me that it expanded on creatures too mostly bears...

Also people are blaming mods and they are wrong this makes me happy and sad since there is not fix im not going to disable Dawnguard...

Edit: If you select npc and type resurrect kill him again you can loot him so it shoulden't break quests i hope...

Edited by gregor_y

LOL, thanks for posting that. That is exactly what I have been getting on a random basis.

I tried everything possible with the mods (short of starting a new game clean) and I am sure that it is in Dawnguard or 1.7, and not mod related. I have had this with Trolls, Bears and Humanoids. Sometime I come up to a Bandit location and most of the Bandits are fine and only one or two act like that bandit in the video. Sometime none of them, it is very infrequent.

I hope Beth is aware of this.

No problem at least we know we can't fix it. And if i would not found your topic i would still mess my load order.

And this worries me i read that those bugged npc's/mobs happend way before Dawnguard maybe even from begining.

But i just started to encounter it on 1.7 + Dawnguard so it means the problem is now a lot bigger and look at dates of those videos they are fresh.

All we can do is wait and hope next patch will fix it. Also there is topic on bethesda forums about no loot no animation i quess it's same problem bugging us.

I wonder in my game it's mostly necromancers + bears i haven't see bugged troll or bandit yet.

And rollerscating bear is such immersion killer i preaty much turn off skyrim becouse of that...

Edit: Someone who got 1.6 backup maybe? im wondering if 1.6 + Dawnguard would be better choice than 1.7...

Edited by gregor_y

LOL, thanks for posting that.http://www.mt4forex.info/smile.gif

Hm out of curiosity what creature's/npc's you got bugged?

And i did some testing disabling Dawnguard is not fixing the issue maybe it's latest 1.7?

Dawnguard is just a mod the patch is making changes to engine.

From what i understand it's engine problem it won't load npc's completly and no it's not becouse of increased spawns i got save with indoor location only one spawn and bugged killing him can't loot and no anims no head resurrect command loads him more can loot sometimes some anims and physics load.

Common people im just going nuts here i never did have any problems with Skyrim until now it's driving me crazy maybe someone smart can think something?

Edited by gregor_y

I can say that I am a level 80 character with over 1200 hours into the game, and I never saw this before 1.7. Others have previously stated there is a "Headless" glitch where the enemy would look like his head was already chopped off, but this is different. Here it looks like missing animations and missing textures. Although I have only seen the headless humaniods. The trolls and bears all had their heads in place.

I went to Fellmore Fort and there are two frost trolls there that had this happen to them. Then a dragon came along and attacked them. It was a pitiful site to see those stiff trolls attacking the dragon. After killing them all I couldn't even get my serving of troll fat. :(

I have been away from Skyrim for about a month so I loaded 1.7 and Dawnguard at the same time. First I couldn't get Dawnguard to work so I had to sort through every stinkin mod I had till I found the culprit. (It was the Vanilla Mannequin Fix mod) Then after reloading them one at a time and making clean saves each time, I finally got to play. Then after playing for a while I saw this happen. That cost me another full day going back through the mods again to see if one of them was causing this. It did not matter though, even without the mods I could still get the stiff headless bandits and animals.

I did a lot of searching and found very little on this subject so at first I thought it was just me. That is why I started this thread. I hope others that may be experiencing this chime in here. I also hope Beth is aware of this.