• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

kraven99

kraven99

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Guys, so I just started playing Skyrim again because i got a new computer and i wanted to try out a bunch of mods. with Sky UI being one of them i downloaded SKSE and installed it according to this video i followed everything to the letter and when i tried to run the skse loader it spits out a "couldn't find TESV.exe" which is crap because its right there. I tried searching for someone having the same issue but i cant find anything. If anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong or what the issue is i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Georgiegril

Georgiegril

I'm always like this

• Premium Member
  • 4,450 posts
Try following the installation instructions that are in the skse download instead.

kraven99

kraven99

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I should have mentioned in the first post that i tried that too. I just went back in and double checked everything and i found where i messed up.

t0m0hawk61

t0m0hawk61

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I should have mentioned in the first post that i tried that too. I just went back in and double checked everything and i found where i messed up.

where did you mess up.

Quailow

Quailow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

where did you mess up.

I had this problem. What I found I'd done wrong was I was pointing the shortcut at the skse loader in the unzipped folder. Since that's about as clear as mud do this:

right click your desktop shortcut

choose properties

in "target" make sure the correct file path is there, for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe" (include the ")

hope this helps

shuttuko17

shuttuko17

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having the same problem. I installed according to the video and SKSE directions as well. I am reading your above comment, but I still do not understand which shortcut you mean or how to edit the target location. Any help you could give me would be great. Thank you in advanced.

Jaybee249

Jaybee249

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am also having this problem

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
The SKSE files MUST be in the SAME folder as your TESV.EXE. Also need to have a legit version of skyrim....

steve40

steve40

Proud new dad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

I am also having this problem

Really? How interesting. :ohdear:

Krienahriik

Krienahriik

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 26 posts

I had the same problem, thanks for the help. Just need to change the shortcut to actually activate the program!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.101 seconds