where is the guild master's chest?

berninicaco3

Hi!

I went through the entire thieves' guild quest line, and am assured that there is a tribute chest for me.

I can't find it! Not in the flaggon, not in the cistern. Not in that room with all the practice loot chests in the cistern... also read that it's by the desk in the cistern. It's not-- unless there's a second desk I'm not seeing. The main desk is the one where all of your specialty loot gets displayed (falmer eye, barenziah headdress, puzzle cube, etc), and there's no chest anywhere near that one anyway.

So where is it? :)

Hi!

I went through the entire thieves' guild quest line, and am assured that there is a tribute chest for me.

I can't find it! Not in the flaggon, not in the cistern. Not in that room with all the practice loot chests in the cistern... also read that it's by the desk in the cistern. It's not-- unless there's a second desk I'm not seeing. The main desk is the one where all of your specialty loot gets displayed (falmer eye, barenziah headdress, puzzle cube, etc), and there's no chest anywhere near that one anyway.

So where is it? :)

It's in the Cistern right in front of Mercer's old desk. I think I only bothered to check it one time and don't recall being impressed. I don't know if its set to respawn. Lore wise it should.

Mercers Desk is in front of the bookshelves where the special loot is displayed. The chest might be one of those footlockers, I forget. It probably would be worth finding, it usually had around 800 bucks and some gems and things when I played last time, and it did respawn.

It should be there unless you are using a mod that removed it or affects loot or chests.