Body types ADEC CBBE UNP confused

Craigjw

I'm a little confused as to the compatibility of the different body types available.

From what I can tell, there's 3, ADEC, CBBE and UNP, firstly, is this correct?

Secondly, I have tried installing all 3 and it just goes wrong when I put some CBBE armour onto a UNP character, likewise when I put UNP clothing on a CBBE character etc. I have installed ADEC too, so don't ask me how this breaks it too. I am asuming that I should choose only one of these, such as only UNP without ADEC & CBBE.

Thirdly, will non UNP clothing fit ont a UNP body mesh? can I install these extra armours for UNP.

Fourth, Load order. I read that the lowest item on the load order list gets priority and overwrites everything previous to it. Should I install UNP last after the armour mods etc, as some mods overwrite the UNP files, or should I install armours after UNP (lower on list) and choose "no to all"

Fifth, is there a guide to how to use TESMod Manager for Skyrim 1.2.20, as I've read the help file and i'm still not sure what i'm supposed to do with it. I'm thinking it's a good resource to sort out my load order, as nexus mod manager doesn't do that.

Sixth, is there a general order of how things should be loaded, ie groups, like 1. Meshes, 2. hair. 3. armour, 4. characters.

You should only have one body mod active as that's what the player and all NPCs will use (unless they have a custom race using a different body). Having two together will conflict.

UNP clothes are made using the UNP body as a base, and as a result they will not work with a different body. You'll get a lot of clipping and stuff, and other undesirable weirdness. The same goes for any CBBE clothes.

For your load order, try using BOSS for Skyrim first, it will arrange your load order for you, although keep in mind not all mods will be recognized, and as a result won't be moved.

• 5 months later...

Remember this - Body types are like shoes! You can give one to males, one to females - two shoes on two feet. You try to put two shoes on one foot, or a shoe on the wrong foot, and things go really wrong, really fast.

BreakpointUK: This varies. A lot. CBBE is goof for a simple, yet attractive body, with a lot of compatible armors, also very configurable if you like very large, or small breasts. UNP is better for basic, simple, realistic yet attractive bodies, a goof bit of armors exist for UNP as well! UNP also has options for bigger and smaller chest sizes too, though not as configurable as CBBE's Body Slider. A lot of the UNP armors are higher quality then the CBBE as well.

I think ADEC has a decent amount of armors, and it is pretty attractive, but I never used it myself. Most of the other bodies are not as high quality, and don't have very many armors for them.

ArtMurder: Thanks for your reply, yeah discovered 'crossing over' body mods damage everything the hard way with Oblivion mods... only just trying out the modding stuff even though I have been playing Oblivion since 2007! Mainly because I have a PC that can handle it now (having 'done' everything that vanilla can throw at me on the xbox 360)... I think I will try out CBBE the desc states that it was made using HGEC as a reference point, trying out Skyrim mod usage as I have done everything within the xbox 360 version)... Thanks again :) Edited by breakpointUK