A simple necklace request

Soapiestlyric4

As the title states, I would like to personally request a new necklace mod for Skyrim. Specifically, one modeled after these:

Yes, these are the necklaces from the movie Atlantis: the Lost Empire. I think they would look awesome with Skyrim's graphic capabilities.

I don't know how many of these mods actually make it to final product in this forum. But I thought I'd try.

I wouldn't be asking if I could do it myself. I have tried making other mods in the past, but I quickly realized that I have neither the skill, nor the tools or a means to acquire them to do what I was trying to do.

Hopefully this will reach one of the many talented modders on this site and I'll get a response. I would really like these as usable, enchantable necklaces for my character.

Thanks for reading!

WARNING: It might take ages till I finish this. I have quite some other mod projects to do, I really shouldn't start another one.

With that out of the way:

http://i.cubeupload.com/c2oxDc.jpg

It's obviously lacking proper textures. Now I haven't watched the movie so from the pictures I guess the crytsal should be glowing and transparent. Or should it be giving off light like the light spell? (Not sure how to do that, but I feel like trying...) Which metal for the necklace and which color for the stone would you prefer? (I don't feel like doing every possible combination. Maybe two or three.)

• 3 weeks later...

atlantis_necklace2.jpg

I wrestled transparency and glow into submission! :D

Unfortunately the texture quality was a casualty of that fight. (It was scaled up and down, alpha channel added and removed, color and constrast changed several times... The quality is now fubar. And anyways I want it to highlight the facets of the crystal!)

Edit: Huh? The picture was resized to 100%? Whatever makes you happy, Nexus. O.o

Edited by Grimoa

I will not give an ETA and I believe I said so from the beginning.

I work on this in between other mod projects. It's not exactly high priority, sorry.

New texture. It's a lot lighter, more transparent and less blue. I'm a bit torn if it's too transparent especially in vanilla lighting. But i like how it looks with my ENB so I might just be selfish and keep that texture. That's a dark spot I took those pictures in. In direct light the crystal is almost completly transparent with vanilla lighting.

atlantis_necklace3.jpg

And nickd97. you should have your old account closed. I would hate to work on a request for someone who never comes back...

Edited by Grimoa