How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

Theres a couple possibilities I would check for invisible armors.

1 is the armor addon link still in the armor ? No? fix it.

2 Is the filepath to the nif correct in the armor addon ? No? set the filepath again.

If both of those are correct are the nif and textures in a .bsa file? If they are in a bsa file they need to be unpacked with bsa opt and either repacked as a new bsa with all the other armors or kept as loose files. If it's the only armor packed in a bsa you can rename the bsa as well.

Edited by jet4571

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well it works well enough for me. I first merged all the mods textures and meshes files not allowing the files to over write. Then made a zip file containg all the esp`s and the merged files. Installed the new mod. Ran through the tutorial. Cut and saved the new single esp from the skyrim data file. Uninstalled the orginal mod and esp`s. Then deleted the esp`s from the uncompressed file and relpaced them with the single esp. Renamed the mod to match the esp and made a new zip file. All done now I have a single mod pack with one esp that if I so wish could pass on.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

So, I was at the part of merging where you create a new file name and before you remove the master files that the new mod depends on. TES5edit froze on me. What happens now? All the renamed "deep copy as override into..." files are still out there, but they are now orphaned cuz I had to close program prematurely. Are they going to come back to bite me? Do I just have to start the process all over again, renaming those files differently this time?

Thanks a ton for any responses!

Edited by Myth34

• 3 weeks later...

I used this method a couple months back on some armor mods and it worked handsomely. Now that I found new ones, I came back to redo the process but the pictures aren't loading for me.

Anyone here has a backed up, scrapbooked or pdf version of the thread? Or Mtichenor can you reupload them if they were taken down.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, I used the above link, I'm all set.

Edited by requiem31

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea if anyone still replies to this:

I've done a merge on 1.8 scripts through tes5edit and it's finished with the script, but on applying the script, it has done a typical windows fadeout+ (notresponding).

Do I assume it's still working, and just wait? (its been an hour since it started applying scripts).

If I close it off, what happens?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, and thank you for that awesome tutorial :smile:

I know this thread is old, but I have a question, if anybody would be so kind as to help me.

After doing all the above steps and creatng the new mod, it is not appearing anywhere on my NMM, nor is it loading in-game.

However I can see the esp in the Skyrim Data folder.

Please help, and thank you in advance :tongue:

Edited by aj1ak

What a great tool! I have been working on a project to create a new playable race called a dragonoiod. I am hoping to combine the dragonborn, dawnguard etc. so that my mod can use all the vanilla armors with my new race. I see a bug with scripted stuff so I am hoping that the bug is because modded script value changes not using the auto default values and the originals do so they might not have that problem. I plan to use the skyrim master as the master for the new mod and disable the other main mods.

I used EnhancedCharacterEdit mod to design the head shape and chargenexport to generate the base head and the poses for my new eyes. I created a new texture that is a blend of human and argonian for my new race. I tried to create my own body but couldn't figure out why only the body extremes didn't deform. Any help there would be welcome. So I settled for re-texturing Astrid body parts for the female and the default argonian for the male. The female version looks like a anime styled reptilian-elf, while the male looks like an anime reptilian-orc. Back when I was playing around with modding Oblivion I got a copy of Singular Inversions FaceGen Customizer 1.3. , used it to rebuild the races tri files to include my new dragonoid stuff so its fully integrated into the char-Gen.

Hope it works!