⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

I meant the esp related to jswords, not the esm.

Meaning, Jswords.esm won't be touched at all, but the jswordsdistributionbalanceplugin.ESP would be merged with other mods... maybe still keeping the esm as a master file?

Sorry if i was hard to understand.

That might work, but then Jswords.esm has to be a master. So that is technically ok, but I'm gonna say try to merge only files that require the official DLC.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a test to see if I can get this to work I tried merging all the ESPs for Pinup Poser. I followed all the steps in this guide (thank you very much for it by the way). I got made the new ESP that should have contained all five ESPs. I went into my game with the old ones disabled and the one I just created enabled in my plugins but when I did the game was missing all the rings needed to actually make the poses. What could I have done wrong?

@Jutch:

Did you check console to see if the rings were loaded into the game? e.g.

Help "pose"

If they are not loaded into the game double check that the merged esp is enabled in your load order, then check to see in TES5Edit if the ring records exist in it. If both of these are true then we have a problem that I don't fully understand.

If they are loaded into the game then the problem is with how they were implemented. You can just add them via console.

@Jutch:

Did you check console to see if the rings were loaded into the game? e.g.

Help "pose"

If they are not loaded into the game double check that the merged esp is enabled in your load order, then check to see in TES5Edit if the ring records exist in it. If both of these are true then we have a problem that I don't fully understand.

If they are loaded into the game then the problem is with how they were implemented. You can just add them via console.

I know the ESP I made was checked off. The rings, when they are separate ESPs, are automatically in my inventory but I will try again by using the console and let you know.

Just tried it out using the help command. It recognized pretty combat pose but couldn't find pinup.

Edited by Jutch

Is this mod scripted? I'd imagine it is. Scripted mods don't merge well.

I'm not sure if it is. I checked the scripts folder and I didn't see anything that was related to the mod. At least based on names (meaning if anything in there had the name pinup in it).

Edited by Jutch

I'm not sure if it is. I checked the scripts folder and I didn't see anything that was related to the mod. At least based on names (meaning if anything in there had the name pinup in it).

If it's putting stuff in your inventory immediately after you install it it's scripted. Furthermore, you should just check the installation archive for a scripts folder instead of assuming the author included the mod's title in the script name, which they probably didn't.

If it's putting stuff in your inventory immediately after you install it it's scripted. Furthermore, you should just check the installation archive for a scripts folder instead of assuming the author included the mod's title in the script name, which they probably didn't.

You were correct. It does have scripts. It did say pinup in the name but started with FNIS. I guess I will have to find some other mods to combine together. Is it safe to combine ESPs of mods that are still being updated? I mean does it cause problems to combine the ESPs then have to update the mod at a later date? That's the only reason I tried combining Pinups, because as far as I can tell it isn't being updated any more.

You can combine ESPs that are still being updated. You just have to make a new merged file each time an update is released and you want to use the update.

Ah! ok. I saw on a thread you made that you combined Book Covers of Skyrim. I think I will try doing that one first. I needed to make sure that it wouldn't break the game or anything if I did that with mods that are still being updated.