Dragonborn crashing to desktop

RlyBadName

The high resolution texture packs are just that. Textures and meshes, they don't interfere with gameplay at all so they shouldn't induce bugs like the ones people are encountering.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon "bug" Orn - i'm having the same problems as everyone else. Plus none of my saves from yesterday (which loaded and ran fine) will load today. No changes - nothing new added. I literally had to go back 3 hours in game time and start all over again just getting off the boat. when I walk towards the mine in raven rock...CTD. If I walk up the stairway beyond the blacksmith - CTD...If I jump off the dock and swim around the point - I can get up on land but as I walk back to the walkway CTD. I had already killed dragons, been to the temple, found black books, completed quests worked the spider dealio in a dungeon and now I'm back at the docks trying to get back into the city and its virtual CTD land. Very frustrating.

So now I went back in just to see if it would launch and play and had no problems at alll - no CTD nothing.

Edited by NodTuGud

Have to say i am having the same issue with Dragonborn "DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript" - even at the very beginning of new game during Helgen cutscene just before the carriage reaches its destination - CTD... Sadly, papyrus log is full of that DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript errors along with tons of others DLC2 related script errors :(

What is strange, i was able to finish the cutscene only once, with super-vanilla skyrim+DLCs, now with unofficial patches and very few other mods i got CTD every time... mod list follows...

Active Mod Files:

• 00 Skyrim.esm

• 01 Update.esm

• 02 Dawnguard.esm

• 03 HearthFires.esm

• 04 Dragonborn.esm

• 05 ApachiiHair.esm

• 06 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.2.7]

• 07 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.1.4]

• 08 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.0.3]

• 09 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.0]

• 0A SkyUI.esp

• 0B iHUD.esp

• 0C Atlas Map Markers.esp

• 0D Atlas Blackreach.esp

• 0E Atlas Dawnguard.esp

• 0F Atlas Hearthfire.esp

• 10 Atlas Dragonborn.esp

• 11 RaceMenu.esp

so, i removed Dragonborn, believing it was the culprit, but surprisingly i got another CTD at the very same place. After that i started removing one mod after another, and guess what, my CTD was caused by Apachii hair mod... Sure, there are tons of lines about apachii hair causing trouble, but - this was the starting cutscene before my character was made, and there was no mod porting apachii hair to NPCs, so i felt really safe with that.

What i want to say - dragonborn may cause some trouble visible in papyrus log, but does not have to be the cause of CTDs every time...

EDIT: just if you think apachii hair is the sole cause of errors, i have tried another non-replacer hair mod - oblivion hair, which caused the same CTD as apachii's... just wonder why all the hair mods do this :(

Edited by Wandik

Hello. I've been expieriencing these CTD's too, but i have been able to locate the spesific reason for why mine occur. They happen when i aggro the Reaver Lord guarding the chest containing one of the deathbrand armor pieces, the one slightly north of the Earth Stone. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Well I've been crashing around the map in the exact same way even before I downloaded Dragonborn. On the road to Riften? CTD. Turning the bend to go to Falkreath? CTD. Soltheim is just riddled with even more of those places than anywhere else

Hair mods don't exactly crash the game. The script loops are really killing the game, but the hair mods contribute to it because hair mods are very and I mean VERY resource hungry and create unnecessary instability.

So hair mods aren't really to blame for the actual crash. Remember, save games that used mods previously that are disabled still leave leftovers in your save game, thus when the game tries to read the scripts that aren't actually there creates a loop and the game keeps trying over and over to load the scripts and bloat the save game.

My new games with only few mods start out in 4mb size which is a bit too much. So be careful.

Edited by Darkangelmn

Run Dragonborn thru TES5edit. It cleans a lot of crap out of it. I have Dawngurad, Dragonbron and quite a few mods installed. I have not experienced any CTD's. You should always clean any DLC and the update.esm any time a Skyrim patch is installed with TES5edit. Trust me solves a lot of problems and the game runs a lot smoother.