The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

Looking for two males.

One for the role of Mathias and the other for the role of Draes Loer (Dray-iss / Lore).

Mathias has quite a few lines right now (3 lines for major dialogue and basic minor dialogue (goodbye, collision, notice corpse, etc.).

P.S. I plan to add more dialogue for him for a backstory quest. So, if you apply for this role, you MUST be able to do the dialogue that is to come (which will be within two weeks or so once I upload the next update (I'm waiting to fill and add the voices before I upload it).

Draes Loer has about 5-8 lines (house upgrader).

If you're interested, message me on here or email me at: [email protected]

And please, for the love of all that is existent, be an active member that will reply to my messages within 24 hours...

Here is the link to my mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63054/?

Matthias here. :P

6 lines isn't many. Id say 200 is. (Thank the guy who voiced that role, wow)

I recommend taking a look at the site Buford Casting Call. I got 13 auditions for a not-very-main-stream role in 10 days, so it might be helpful to you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I'm looking for a couple voice actors to help me with a rather huge mod that will add Tier Harribel from Bleach to the world of Skyrim. Of course, the number one thing I need is someone who can sound like Harribel. I realize this may be hard to achieve, but if anyone is able to do so, please, please, PLEASE contact me immediately. I also need a voice for a male Arrancar, and possibly(though not confirmed) a few other characters. Since this is a voice actor thread, I will end this post with a link to my mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57061

Race: Caucasian

Acting Background:
I have been an actor in a amateur theater for over 10 years, playing various roles and characters. Had a lot of success in theater competition where I was nominated as the best side actor.

Voice Acting Background:
First of all, I don't have a voice acting career history. I have been volunteering for a couple of animation and video game projects, but nothing serious. It's just a great feeling to hear your voice in a character.

Voice Description:
Somewhat deep, crispy, clear, certain, encouraging, clever, intelligent, down to earth, compassionate...

About me:

I am just a 20 year old guy who loves video games, plays the guitar and sings. Right now I am studying for my final exams for the college entry. Living in Ireland at the moment, but I am actually from Croatia.

As I've already said, I have been acting half of my life and I really enjoy doing it. Recently I've started to go into voice acting, since it was always something I wanted. To hear my voice in a video game character. I have started to record some voice acting scripts, had a lot of fun and got some nice feedback. I hope you will find my voice satisfying for your mods. ^^

Samples:
Here is a playlist of voice acting samples. Yes, I love World of Warcraft, don't judge me :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6wZdOKH1vfrlGiBjR0ymodp4WNDhEUWG

Acting Background:

I have been an actor in a amateur theater for over 10 years, playing various roles and characters. Had a lot of success in theater competition where I was nominated as the best side actor.

Voice Acting Background:

First of all, I don't have a voice acting career history. I have been volunteering for a couple of animation and video game projects, but nothing serious. It's just a great feeling to hear your voice in a character.

Voice Description:

Somewhat deep, crispy, clear, certain, encouraging, clever, intelligent, down to earth, compassionate...

About me:

I am just a 20 year old guy who loves video games, plays the guitar and sings. Right now I am studying for my final exams for the college entry. Living in Ireland at the moment, but I am actually from Croatia.

As I've already said, I have been acting half of my life and I really enjoy doing it. Recently I've started to go into voice acting, since it was always something I wanted. To hear my voice in a video game character. I have started to record some voice acting scripts, had a lot of fun and got some nice feedback. I hope you will find my voice satisfying for your mods. ^^

Samples:

Here is a playlist of voice acting samples. Yes, I love World of Warcraft, don't judge me :tongue:

Great voices!

I can hear a bit of background noise in there, so I recommend taking a look at this list for info on how to fix that little bit:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1857435-voice-acting-tips-and-tricks-for-veteran-and-new-voice-actors/

Acting Background:

Voice Acting Background:

Voice Description:

About me:

Samples:

Great voices!

I can hear a bit of background noise in there, so I recommend taking a look at this list for info on how to fix that little bit:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1857435-voice-acting-tips-and-tricks-for-veteran-and-new-voice-actors/

Thanks so much, lad :D

I know, my room is not the most quite one and my computer is on the desk, which is not helping it either :/

Thanks for the link as well, but I already know a lot about Audacity and I use the noise removal tool, but if the noise removal effect is too strong,

the quality of the sound is getting worse and worse.

Do you think that the light background noise in my samples could be a problem for future projects? I thought that it should not be a problem, since it won't just be my voice without anything else.

There will be some background sounds, music and other sound effects.

I will try to improve that tho :D

Thanks again for the reply ^^

Hey there guys! I haven't officially decided to commit to doing this, but I'm very close to saying yes and posting my own voiceovers. Nonetheless this is an awesome thread just to look through.

Acting Background:

Voice Acting Background:

Voice Description:

About me:

Samples:

I agree with Matthaiswagg above about looking at those resources he linked to. They have some good basic info.

I'm an audio engineer/producer (including a Bachelors of Science Degree in the subject) so I have some quick tips: (I may be reiterating tips from past posts, so forgive me if I have. I haven't read every post on the thread. They still merit mentioning.)

- You need to try and make your recordings as clean as possible, because there might be an instance where a mod (or any client if you're really getting serious) will want your voice in complete silence (say in a moment of quiet tension). There are also gamers out there (aka me) that turn the music and ambient sounds of the game down but leave the voices maxed in volume so as to make it easier to understand what's said. Either way, isolating yourself from ambient room noise is always better. A basic cheap trick that can help in some (not all) situations to help isolate your recording is drape thick(ish) quilts/blankets over windows and doors. Also make sure that you aren't speaking in the direction of a flat surface at a 90 degree angle. Just turn by 20 or 30 degrees to reduce your voice from bouncing-back. And as you already said, don't have your computer or anything that will vibrate sitting on anything resonant (ie your desk). If you have to put a thick towel under your computer or whatever is vibrating. That will insulate between the two and reduce noise.

- Don't over EQ! It's better to have a "flat" sounding recording than one with too much bass/mid/high frequencies. It's ok to tweak EQ a little, but only that: a little. Only do major EQ settings according to what the client (mod) wants, so talk to them and see what they like or don't like. Obviously if the character requires an unnatural sound then by all means tweak away, but if it's just the qualities of your voice... a little goes a long way.

- Relating to EQ, how close you are to your microphone will also effect the tone. If you've ever seen a vocalist or voice actor stretch their thumb and pinky as far apart as they can and position their hand between their mouth and the mic they're making sure they aren't too close or too far. Of course that trick depends on the size of your hand, but you typically should have at least 4 to 5 inches of space between your mouth and the microphone. If you don't you get really bassy (too close) or too weak/tinny (too far).

ryukcro, I thought your samples were really good, but the bass/low mids of your recordings were a bit over zealous. Dial that back a bit and it will sound much more like your actually talking to us face to face, and not through a microphone. Usually the microphone should be "invisible' to the listener.

All of these can be tweaked according to the situation and the creative intent, but they're a good baseline. I hope that helps, and wasn't too preachy. :smile:

Keep up the awesome work guys! I might join you soon!

Hey there guys! I haven't officially decided to commit to doing this, but I'm very close to saying yes and posting my own voiceovers. Nonetheless this is an awesome thread just to look through.

<snip>

<snip>

Great to see an audio engineer around here! Not enough of you. I've got some rudimentary skills and know a "real one" but... Sooo helpful.

If you're interested in helping projects out, I'd take a look at them and see which ones interest you the most. I've got a [not so] little follower project I might contact you about in the future if it's something you find cool.

Great to see an audio engineer around here! Not enough of you. I've got some rudimentary skills and know a "real one" but... Sooo helpful.

If you're interested in helping projects out, I'd take a look at them and see which ones interest you the most. I've got a [not so] little follower project I might contact you about in the future if it's something you find cool.

Yeah, I plan on looking around more to see what's out there. I've only just recently become aware of this mod community.

If you want you're welcome to send me a PM about a project. I can do most anyone's editing needs and some basic audio cleanup, as well as mixing and effects processing. I'm only limited by my home studio setup which is basic, but it has the necessities. Just let me know what's needed and we can discuss what I can do.

<quote>

I agree with Matthaiswagg above about looking at those resources he linked to. They have some good basic info.

I'm an audio engineer/producer (including a Bachelors of Science Degree in the subject) so I have some quick tips: (I may be reiterating tips from past posts, so forgive me if I have. I haven't read every post on the thread. They still merit mentioning.)

- You need to try and make your recordings as clean as possible, because there might be an instance where a mod (or any client if you're really getting serious) will want your voice in complete silence (say in a moment of quiet tension). There are also gamers out there (aka me) that turn the music and ambient sounds of the game down but leave the voices maxed in volume so as to make it easier to understand what's said. Either way, isolating yourself from ambient room noise is always better. A basic cheap trick that can help in some (not all) situations to help isolate your recording is drape thick(ish) quilts/blankets over windows and doors. Also make sure that you aren't speaking in the direction of a flat surface at a 90 degree angle. Just turn by 20 or 30 degrees to reduce your voice from bouncing-back. And as you already said, don't have your computer or anything that will vibrate sitting on anything resonant (ie your desk). If you have to put a thick towel under your computer or whatever is vibrating. That will insulate between the two and reduce noise.

- Don't over EQ! It's better to have a "flat" sounding recording than one with too much bass/mid/high frequencies. It's ok to tweak EQ a little, but only that: a little. Only do major EQ settings according to what the client (mod) wants, so talk to them and see what they like or don't like. Obviously if the character requires an unnatural sound then by all means tweak away, but if it's just the qualities of your voice... a little goes a long way.

- Relating to EQ, how close you are to your microphone will also effect the tone. If you've ever seen a vocalist or voice actor stretch their thumb and pinky as far apart as they can and position their hand between their mouth and the mic they're making sure they aren't too close or too far. Of course that trick depends on the size of your hand, but you typically should have at least 4 to 5 inches of space between your mouth and the microphone. If you don't you get really bassy (too close) or too weak/tinny (too far).

ryukcro, I thought your samples were really good, but the bass/low mids of your recordings were a bit over zealous. Dial that back a bit and it will sound much more like your actually talking to us face to face, and not through a microphone. Usually the microphone should be "invisible' to the listener.

All of these can be tweaked according to the situation and the creative intent, but they're a good baseline. I hope that helps, and wasn't too preachy. :smile:

Keep up the awesome work guys! I might join you soon!

I am sorry for the late reply! :D

Thanks so much for the tips and the feedback on my samples.

I have put my PC on the ground, off the desk and the sound is soo much better. No buzzing sound from the vibrations of the PC on the desk. I can barely even hear the sound of the coolers as well.

No idea what I was thinking to put my computer on the desk in the first place.

Can you maybe tell me in which samples the EQ is over zealous? Is it on all or is it acceptable for the orc and undead voice overs? :D