⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Survey Responses!

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27623835. #27624585, #27624860 are all replies on the same post.

Nas00 wrote: QUOTE
"[...]Better access to mods that are high quality, but haven't got too many downloads and/or endorsements. Many great mods are bogged down way back in the pages, with skimpy clothes and nudes clogging up the front pages."

QFT. By all means I don't disrespect nor discard the hard work of every modder out here, but the Nexus is literally flooded with skimpy armor/clothing/whatever mods that are always getting to the hot files just because players want to see their female waifu wandering around butt-naked. In the meanwhile other mods meant to improve the gameplay experience, immersion simply stay in the dark, which I find kinda sad.

Is it possible to create a "sexy hot files section" of some sort?
westsidekidd wrote: Agreed 100%.
I wish Nexus would get rid of all that skimpy nonsense.
tiwa44 wrote: you can easily tag skimpy or adult or even lore unfriendly content you want blocked in the content filtering page. It will remove them even in the hot files, recent files, etc.

edit: last button in the account options popup, easy peasy...

Well that's something I didn't know (shame on me). Done. Thank you for the advice! Edited by Nas00

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27623835. #27624585, #27624860, #27625270 are all replies on the same post.

"[...]Better access to mods that are high quality, but haven't got too many downloads and/or endorsements. Many great mods are bogged down way back in the pages, with skimpy clothes and nudes clogging up the front pages."

QFT. By all means I don't disrespect nor discard the hard work of every modder out here, but the Nexus is literally flooded with skimpy armor/clothing/whatever mods that are always getting to the hot files just because players want to see their female waifu wandering around butt-naked. In the meanwhile other mods meant to improve the gameplay experience, immersion simply stay in the dark, which I find kinda sad.

tiwa44 wrote: you can easily tag skimpy or adult or even lore unfriendly content you want blocked in the content filtering page. It will remove them even in the hot files, recent files, search results, etc.

Nas00 wrote: Well that's something I didn't know (shame on me). Done. Thank you for the advice!

@tiwa44
Thanks for that info. Don't know, why I didn't knew that. :) But still, I think skimpy mods have nothing to do on here. They should move to the LL site with that kind of stuff. And even if I block those kind of stuff, really good mods will be still unseen and way back in the list of mods, because of all that stupid skimpy stuff and I find this very unfair. There are a lot of amazing mod makers, who are working their butts off to make their mods, but they will not seen as much as these dumb skimpy mods. I hope this will change one day!

Keep the Nexus clean! Edited by westsidekidd

In response to post #27623835. #27624585, #27624860, #27625270, #27628155, #27628655 are all replies on the same post.

tiwa44 wrote: you can easily tag skimpy or adult or even lore unfriendly content you want blocked in the content filtering page. It will remove them even in the hot files, recent files, search results, etc.

Nas00 wrote: Well that's something I didn't know (shame on me). Done. Thank you for the advice!
westsidekidd wrote: @tiwa44
Thanks for that info. Don't know, why I didn't knew that. :) But still, I think skimpy mods have nothing to do on here. They should move to the LL site with that kind of stuff. And even if I block those kind of stuff, really good mods will be still unseen and way back in the list of mods, because of all that stupid skimpy stuff and I find this very unfair. There are a lot of amazing mod makers, who are working their butts off to make their mods, but they will not seen as much as these dumb skimpy mods. I hope this will change one day!

Keep the Nexus clean!
SeedReaper wrote: Yo, westside. Thanks for the input. But I LIKE not having to deal with LL. I don't use their sexlab stuff, and probably never will. I DO like using NMM. I DO like how this site has very high standards (at least in principle) as to how mods are built.

So yes, the skimpy stuff has a place here. Despite your moaning. Filter adult and NSFW content in your content filtering page if you don't want to see it. Didn't tiwa44 just say that?

I assume you think "Fruit of the Loom" is still around 200+ years after the bombs fell, guess what...? If you have some sort of problem with nudity, discuss it with your therapist. Diversity extends to personal expression by what we wear as HUMANS, or what we choose NOT to wear, in-game, or otherwise...I personally love to have a choice in the matter, and extend that to my in-game persona...I'm sorry if you think everyone should think the same, dress the same, eat the same, drive the same, work the same...NOTHING is the same, anywhere in the real world...and we like to choose how to express ourselves...there are filters, if you want to close your mind, enable them, please, HURRY...just don't try to shove your limited perceptions down everyone's throat...many of those mods take hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of work, and you sneer at them, because they are too "skimpy"? Really? You do realize this is 2015? Right? I mean, grow up...If I choose to run around starkers, who are you to say it's wrong? Perhaps it makes the game more of a challenge NOT to plow over every enemy wearing power armor (or it's skyrim equivalent) fully encased in a futuristic sardine-can...Really...the human body is a beautiful thing, that is, unless if you have some sort of self-esteem problem...Whatever you do, stay out of museums, and art galleries...it may totally offend you beyond your own belief...Some of the best art on Earth are paintings and sculptures of nudes...if you hate that, you hate yourself... Edited by Roachbait

In response to post #27623835. #27624585, #27624860, #27625270, #27628155, #27628620 are all replies on the same post.

Keep the Nexus clean!
Roachbait wrote: I assume you think "Fruit of the Loom" is still around 200+ years after the bombs fell, guess what...? If you have some sort of problem with nudity, discuss it with your therapist. Diversity extends to personal expression by what we wear as HUMANS, or what we chose NOT to wear, in-game, or otherwise...I personally love to have a choice in the matter, and extend that to my in-game persona...I'm sorry if you think everyone should think the same, dress the same, eat the same, drive the same, work the same...NOTHING is the same, anywhere in the real world...and we like to choose how to express ourselves...there are filters, if you want to close your mind, enable them, please, HURRY...just don't try to shove your limited perceptions down everyone's throat...many of those mods take hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of work, and you sneer at them, because they are to "skimpy"? Really? You do realize this is 2015? Right? I mean, grow up...If I choose to run around starkers, who are you to say it's wrong? Perhaps it makes the game more of a challenge NOT to plow over every enemy wearing power armor (or it's skyrim equivalent) fully encased in a futuristic sardine-can...Really...the human body is a beautiful thing, that is, unless if you have some sort of self-esteem problem...Whatever you do, stay out of museums, and art galleries...it may totally offend you beyond your own belief...Some of the best art on Earth are paintings and sculptures of nudes...if you hate that, you hate yourself...

Yo, westside. Thanks for the input. But I LIKE not having to deal with LL. I don't use their sexlab stuff, and probably never will. I DO like using NMM. I DO like how this site has very high standards (at least in principle) as to how mods are built.

So yes, the skimpy stuff has a place here. Despite your moaning. Filter adult and NSFW content in your content filtering page if you don't want to see it. Didn't tiwa44 just say that?

I was glad to be of help, if I really was...what surprises me is the upper ages are so low in percentage, we were kids back when video games first came around...back in the 70's. We grew up and watched as they started to evolve, from the pre-cambrian-ages of computer life. I remember when there was no such thing as "Sonic, the Hedgehog", or, any of the others after that...there was "Pong", and like, what, three other games? The very first game, the space one, and a couple more, and they were very obscure, and you had to know the right people to even know about them...then Space-Invaders...Asteroids...Missile Command...Atatri (and others) hit it big with the consoles they put out...Donkey Kong later on...Dig-Dug...Defender...On and on...I spent mountains of quarters on them all...and then some. Maybe the rest lost interest, I never did, video games had me hooked...I found levels of "immersion" kids today will never succumb to in video arcades of the past, in new things called "Malls". Although they yet complain that what is around now isn't enough...you want real "immersion" go outside, and play in the yard, like WE did as kids...there was NO cable tv...NO real desktop computers...NO internet...NO cell phones...those things were all new to me, one by one, and many like me, decades ago. We wonder at the youth today, and wonder how they can even complain, they have it soooo easy, and so readily handed to them on a silver platter, with a velvet pillow...we had footballs, basketballs, baseballs, or, maybe, a Frisbee to play with...or Hot Wheels...and past that, it was the imaginations of those around us we used to inspire us, or our own thoughts and wishes...past books, Dungeons and Dragons, etc... Most kids, and young adults, couldn't even imagine a world without the internet...MANY of us were around, long, long, before it ever was. I only wished I had toys this nice...back when I was their age. That false sense of entitlement has always bothered me...they ask for so much, yet never lift a finger to enable it, or make it so...The world owes no one any favors, yet they complain about graphics? Or frame-rates? Or a connection they don't even pay for? There was no such thing, thirty+ years ago...

In response to post #27586105.

Zchu wrote:

Well, considering majority of most popular titles featuring brutal males with weapons (guns or swords) killing as a main goal (like in 90% of video games) making dumb sexist jokes on the go, or female character as main protagonist in waaaay too skimpy looks attracting young horny males...

Funny you Just described the Witcher 3, which is one of my favorite games of all time lol!

Seems I am in the minority though :laugh:

I have no problem with skimpy clad women, I like cool looking clothes for both genders. If its skimpy or fully covering is irrelevant to me. Is the design good? Does it fit the color? Does the fabric look realistic? These are the things I care about when it comes to character costume design. I am more offended by the epidemic of ugly armor/clothes in gaming. Vanilla Skyrim armors, and many of those fugly clown armors in the Witcher 3 come to mind DX

I am very open minded, I don't limit my fondness of things built on any stereotype. I like rugged, gritty, bloody aspects. I like sexy looking characters and some tasteful innuendos and jokes in my games. But heck I love cute animals, big pink bows and sunshine with rainbows too!

You just described "Redneck Rampage" too....hmmm

In response to post #27623835. #27624585, #27624860, #27625270, #27628155, #27628620, #27628655 are all replies on the same post.

Keep the Nexus clean!
Roachbait wrote: I assume you think "Fruit of the Loom" is still around 200+ years after the bombs fell, guess what...? If you have some sort of problem with nudity, discuss it with your therapist. Diversity extends to personal expression by what we wear as HUMANS, or what we choose NOT to wear, in-game, or otherwise...I personally love to have a choice in the matter, and extend that to my in-game persona...I'm sorry if you think everyone should think the same, dress the same, eat the same, drive the same, work the same...NOTHING is the same, anywhere in the real world...and we like to choose how to express ourselves...there are filters, if you want to close your mind, enable them, please, HURRY...just don't try to shove your limited perceptions down everyone's throat...many of those mods take hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of work, and you sneer at them, because they are too "skimpy"? Really? You do realize this is 2015? Right? I mean, grow up...If I choose to run around starkers, who are you to say it's wrong? Perhaps it makes the game more of a challenge NOT to plow over every enemy wearing power armor (or it's skyrim equivalent) fully encased in a futuristic sardine-can...Really...the human body is a beautiful thing, that is, unless if you have some sort of self-esteem problem...Whatever you do, stay out of museums, and art galleries...it may totally offend you beyond your own belief...Some of the best art on Earth are paintings and sculptures of nudes...if you hate that, you hate yourself...
SeedReaper wrote: Yo, westside. Thanks for the input. But I LIKE not having to deal with LL. I don't use their sexlab stuff, and probably never will. I DO like using NMM. I DO like how this site has very high standards (at least in principle) as to how mods are built.

And haven't I reply to that? Maybe you misunderstood something because of my poor English, but sorry, it's not my native language. :/

@Roachbait
It has nothing to do if I have an issue with nudity or not. It has to do with REAL mod makers and their REAL mods which are overseen because of all that skimpy stuff flooding the Nexus.
I have nothing against nudity, I only find these mods ridiculous, because, let's face it, at the end of the day, these are only nude pixels and I don't know why people are so crazy about them and I will NEVER understand that. I play computer games since I was 14 years old, thats 28 years ago and I NEVER used those kind of mods, because to me they are senseless. It's okay with me, if people are using these kind of mods, but when I see that simple made mods were voted for file of the month or are in the hot files and other mods which were made with love and a huge amount of time, but never made it to the hot files, then this makes me mad, sorry, but that's how I am and I think in my age, I can't change that.

In response to post #27601720.

2bluefish wrote: "25,000 responses in a two and a half day period"

This wasn't a random selection of the total nexus members. It was a free for all for everyone who has the time to log on an particular (great) entertainment website near daily.

I'm not surprised the gender and age stats are so skewed. I'm not surprised that the young and male have more uninterrupted free time to constantly check the nexus for what's new and thus answer brief 2.5 day surveys.

I'm sure there's some great feedback, but please, no one take those gender and age stats as accurate.

Incredibly salient point.

Ofc, the fact the young are more free to 'game' the short survey, implicitly means they're also more free to visit the site in truth.

Additionaly, i did it after being linked from Reddit. Edited by neiljwd

In response to post #27623835. #27624585, #27624860, #27625270, #27628155, #27628620, #27628655, #27629705 are all replies on the same post.

Keep the Nexus clean!
Roachbait wrote: I assume you think "Fruit of the Loom" is still around 200+ years after the bombs fell, guess what...? If you have some sort of problem with nudity, discuss it with your therapist. Diversity extends to personal expression by what we wear as HUMANS, or what we choose NOT to wear, in-game, or otherwise...I personally love to have a choice in the matter, and extend that to my in-game persona...I'm sorry if you think everyone should think the same, dress the same, eat the same, drive the same, work the same...NOTHING is the same, anywhere in the real world...and we like to choose how to express ourselves...there are filters, if you want to close your mind, enable them, please, HURRY...just don't try to shove your limited perceptions down everyone's throat...many of those mods take hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of work, and you sneer at them, because they are too "skimpy"? Really? You do realize this is 2015? Right? I mean, grow up...If I choose to run around starkers, who are you to say it's wrong? Perhaps it makes the game more of a challenge NOT to plow over every enemy wearing power armor (or it's skyrim equivalent) fully encased in a futuristic sardine-can...Really...the human body is a beautiful thing, that is, unless if you have some sort of self-esteem problem...Whatever you do, stay out of museums, and art galleries...it may totally offend you beyond your own belief...Some of the best art on Earth are paintings and sculptures of nudes...if you hate that, you hate yourself...

westsidekidd wrote: And haven't I reply to that? Maybe you misunderstood something because of my poor English, but sorry, it's not my native language. :/

@Roachbait
It has nothing to do if I have an issue with nudity or not. It has to do with REAL mod makers and their REAL mods which are overseen because of all that skimpy stuff flooding the Nexus.
I have nothing against nudity, I only find these mods ridiculous, because, let's face it, at the end of the day, these are only nude pixels and I don't know why people are so crazy about them and I will NEVER understand that. I play computer games since I was 14 years old, thats 28 years ago and I NEVER used those kind of mods, because to me they are senseless. It's okay with me, if people are using these kind of mods, but when I see that simple made mods were voted for file of the month or are in the hot files and other mods which were made with love and a huge amount of time, but never made it to the hot files, then this makes me mad, sorry, but that's how I am and I think in my age, I can't change that.

Westside, I think this is a UI issue, not a content one. If Nexusmods banned skimpy content, they'd probably halve their traffic overnight!

It seems skimpy mods receive too much attention because many users don't find the content filtering options nexusmods provides, despite these options being one of the cool things of this site and working perfectly well. So this is a UI issue, not a cultural one.

In response to post #27586105. #27629345 is also a reply to the same post.

Zchu wrote:

Well, considering majority of most popular titles featuring brutal males with weapons (guns or swords) killing as a main goal (like in 90% of video games) making dumb sexist jokes on the go, or female character as main protagonist in waaaay too skimpy looks attracting young horny males...

Funny you Just described the Witcher 3, which is one of my favorite games of all time lol!

Seems I am in the minority though :laugh:

I have no problem with skimpy clad women, I like cool looking clothes for both genders. If its skimpy or fully covering is irrelevant to me. Is the design good? Does it fit the color? Does the fabric look realistic? These are the things I care about when it comes to character costume design. I am more offended by the epidemic of ugly armor/clothes in gaming. Vanilla Skyrim armors, and many of those fugly clown armors in the Witcher 3 come to mind DX

I am very open minded, I don't limit my fondness of things built on any stereotype. I like rugged, gritty, bloody aspects. I like sexy looking characters and some tasteful innuendos and jokes in my games. But heck I love cute animals, big pink bows and sunshine with rainbows too!

Roachbait wrote: You just described "Redneck Rampage" too....hmmm

this really deserves repeating...

...I don't limit my fondness of things built on any stereotype. I like rugged, gritty, bloody aspects. I like sexy looking characters and some tasteful innuendos and jokes in my games. But heck I love cute animals, big pink bows and sunshine with rainbows too...

it sums everything up.. just so. Edited by qziqza