⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Survey Responses!

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27764610. #27785310 is also a reply to the same post.

gnhtd wrote: Quote : "...our belief in the passionate community we have here at NexusMods."

Frankly I'm not passionate and since I last checked the terms of agreement I'm not even thinking of Nexus as a that good website anymore - All I am is being productive (as an author and consumer).
xenoforge78 wrote: Why is that? What's wrong with it?

Things like the clause that permits Nexus-staff to just delete an authors content or to taunt members. Here are some clauses I personally disagree with, containing that :

"The staff reserves the right to remove, with or without notice, any content at any time."

"The Nexus staff may issue informal and formal warnings to users who break our terms of service and rules. "

(notice the word 'informal' ...)

"This site has extremely dedicated moderating staff who have full authority to edit and delete posts as well as ban accounts instantly and without warning."

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol everything turned out pretty much like I thought it would. been coming here for way to long not to know. I hope these results keep the site improving to stay on top. I love this place for sure.

In response to post #27790365.

soullessone20 wrote: Lol everything turned out pretty much like I thought it would. been coming here for way to long not to know. I hope these results keep the site improving to stay on top. I love this place for sure.

Agree with ya, only thing I would/hope is they improve the search feature (I took the survey and said as much) because the amount of mods and content is getting too big to browse with the current search feature. I tend to use google to search the +nexus. It <b>may have</b> worked when this site was still a "source" but now, it's woefully inadequate.

In response to post #27790365. #27791555 is also a reply to the same post.

soullessone20 wrote: Lol everything turned out pretty much like I thought it would. been coming here for way to long not to know. I hope these results keep the site improving to stay on top. I love this place for sure.
Deist wrote: Agree with ya, only thing I would/hope is they improve the search feature (I took the survey and said as much) because the amount of mods and content is getting too big to browse with the current search feature. I tend to use google to search the +nexus. It <b>may have</b> worked when this site was still a "source" but now, it's woefully inadequate.

Agreed, I suggested a tag system as well as a ensuring an intuitive submission form so the right mods get the right tags.

In response to post #27772820. #27773245, #27785260, #27787150 are all replies on the same post.

Comix777 wrote: It was pretty obvious that women are a tiny minority. Despite this whole lie that "45% of gamers are female", men are, and always were, a large majority of gamers. It's as simple as that.
westsidekidd wrote: And from where do you have this information?
I am 42 years old. When I started to play Computer games when I was 14 years old, no girl was ever interested in playing Computer games, at least not many, but this has absolutely changed and there will be a lot more in the future. Thanks to games which have a story, like Dragon Age and Mass Effect and also Skyrim and Fallout.
Go look on deviantart, how many female Mass Effect and Dragon Age fans there are, for example. To me it seems there are a lot more than male fans.
So in my opinion it could really be that half of the gamers these days ARE in fact females.
xenoforge78 wrote: None of that really related to what he said, apart from your opinion on whether it's true or not. Obviously here it's a vast majority, and I highly doubt it will ever rise; it doesn't need to. The whole stat of half of gamers are women is pretty much rubbish.
westsidekidd wrote: None of that? My whole comment is about what he said.

Yeah, this isn't exactly that relevant to the survey at all, but yes there is a low percentage of woman gamers/gaming enthusiasts (the people who would use mods and a mod hub). The numbers from studies are used disingenuously. It is roughly a half and half split for "people who play games" because of handheld and mobile games, but women tend to play more causal games on average either through their phones or through social media websites like Facebook rather than the heavier games that mainline gaming technology and culture is engrossed in. That's what skews the graph in that area, and then even in heavier games you still have splits in preference between genres. https://i.imgur.com/QwjTwT2.jpg

In response to post #27772820. #27773245, #27785260, #27787150, #27827605 are all replies on the same post.

Comix777 wrote: It was pretty obvious that women are a tiny minority. Despite this whole lie that "45% of gamers are female", men are, and always were, a large majority of gamers. It's as simple as that.
I am 42 years old. When I started to play Computer games when I was 14 years old, no girl was ever interested in playing Computer games, at least not many, but this has absolutely changed and there will be a lot more in the future. Thanks to games which have a story, like Dragon Age and Mass Effect and also Skyrim and Fallout.
Go look on deviantart, how many female Mass Effect and Dragon Age fans there are, for example. To me it seems there are a lot more than male fans.
So in my opinion it could really be that half of the gamers these days ARE in fact females.
xenoforge78 wrote: None of that really related to what he said, apart from your opinion on whether it's true or not. Obviously here it's a vast majority, and I highly doubt it will ever rise; it doesn't need to. The whole stat of half of gamers are women is pretty much rubbish.
EspadaDeHelado wrote: Yeah, this isn't exactly that relevant to the survey at all, but yes there is a low percentage of woman gamers/gaming enthusiasts (the people who would use mods and a mod hub). The numbers from studies are used disingenuously. It is roughly a half and half split for "people who play games" because of handheld and mobile games, but women tend to play more causal games on average either through their phones or through social media websites like Facebook rather than the heavier games that mainline gaming technology and culture is engrossed in. That's what skews the graph in that area, and then even in heavier games you still have splits in preference between genres. https://i.imgur.com/QwjTwT2.jpg

I disagree with your comment, Comix777. You cannot use the nexus survey to prove or disprove how many male or female gamers there actually are. I know many people who are very anti-modding regarding their own gaming, so therefore these people are probably not even be signed up to nexus, let alone answering this survey, regardless of sex. All you can take away from this survey is that there are more male users of nexus than female (who bothered to do the survey). Edited by toadlet

In response to post #27772820. #27773245, #27785260, #27787150, #27827605, #27828245 are all replies on the same post.

EspadaDeHelado wrote: Yeah, this isn't exactly that relevant to the survey at all, but yes there is a low percentage of woman gamers/gaming enthusiasts (the people who would use mods and a mod hub). The numbers from studies are used disingenuously. It is roughly a half and half split for "people who play games" because of handheld and mobile games, but women tend to play more causal games on average either through their phones or through social media websites like Facebook rather than the heavier games that mainline gaming technology and culture is engrossed in. That's what skews the graph in that area, and then even in heavier games you still have splits in preference between genres. https://i.imgur.com/QwjTwT2.jpg
toadlet wrote: I disagree with your comment, Comix777. You cannot use the nexus survey to prove or disprove how many male or female gamers there actually are. I know many people who are very anti-modding regarding their own gaming, so therefore these people are probably not even be signed up to nexus, let alone answering this survey, regardless of sex. All you can take away from this survey is that there are more male users of nexus than female (who bothered to do the survey).

@toadlet
And this survey wasn't even really representative. There are a lot of users (male and female), who didn't even knew that there was this survey or they simply didn't answered it, but fact is, that there are a lot more female gamers out there than some people think. Edited by westsidekidd

In response to post #27772820. #27773245, #27785260, #27787150, #27827605, #27828245, #27828875 are all replies on the same post.

toadlet wrote: I disagree with your comment, Comix777. You cannot use the nexus survey to prove or disprove how many male or female gamers there actually are. I know many people who are very anti-modding regarding their own gaming, so therefore these people are probably not even be signed up to nexus, let alone answering this survey, regardless of sex. All you can take away from this survey is that there are more male users of nexus than female (who bothered to do the survey).
westsidekidd wrote: @toadlet
And this survey wasn't even really representative. There are a lot of users (male and female), who didn't even knew that there was this survey or they simply didn't answered it, but fact is, that there are a lot more female gamers out there than some people think.

I'm 44 been gaming since 1977. Used to be a 'Man's' only land (boys if you like). Now, in games like Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect, World of Warcraft, Counterstrike: Global Offensive (that's right a FPS game) and many many others....I meet and see women gamer's all the time (my daughter, 23 and a new mother has been a gamer since age 5). This hobby as become all inclusive and more and more diverse over the years. I, for one, and happy as hell women play these games with us as it has helped to destroy the myth that only 'kids and little boy's' play video games. I even get my butt stomped regularly in 'StarCraft II' by women and to me....it's oddly refreshing.