⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 Nexus Site Launched

SirSalami

In response to post #30244950. #30259185, #30295245, #30305985, #30323060, #30334450, #30364155 are all replies on the same post.

Seremoth wrote: I am just a user but I have this to say. Please expand the donation system!!!!!!!

-Create a prominent donation button next to endorse button. No more pop-ups though.
-Create titles, with coloring depended on the donation. Let people know who supported which mod.
-Make the nexus profiles a little more interactive as if they were a mini-game themselves.

Any side-effects from "pointing out" donators and having a shiny big donation button will be overshadowed by the benefits. Good modders may never have the chance to maintain/create a mod because they also have to work for food. Give them an extra motivation!
ElmoStoned wrote: to the top :)
MyLittleEmpath wrote: I second this notion. Strongly.
mkess wrote: I agree.

Besides, a donate button near the download button makes NO sense, because you have to test the mod first.

I will make much more sense if you are endorsing the mod. Because at that point you are sure, the mod is a worthwhile one.

And make it easy, giving some predefined values for donating, starting with 1$. It's like a tip in a restaurant. It's very easy, and people a likely to pay 1$ or 2$ without thinking about it.

Maybe there should be one button, that gives the autor 1$ and endorses at the same time, making it very easy to pay at least a little tip, while endorsing the mod? I bet, that would even appeal to the people, who normaly don't pay anything.

This is the point, there I am most likely to make a donation. But I will never ever make a donation while downloading a new mod. Maybe it should be worked into the Nexus Mod Manager, too?
Seremoth wrote: Exactly. A brief pop up just before you download is usually quickly skipped by someone who wants to download and test the mod. However after the user tests it and goes back to the nexus, excited, wanting to endorse that mod, then he should also see an option to donate.

And what you say about reminding people that even a small tip like an 1$ donation would be significant, by having this small prefixed amount to the donation button, is very true and will make almost everyone consider donating.
WightMage wrote: Keep this baby bumped!
Thaiauxn wrote: You're never going to make enough money to quit your day job making mods for donations. Trust me.

Ironically, you CAN make 5-6k$/mo reviewing mods on youtube. So yes, you can make money off of mods... so long as you're not a modder.

True. But some money are better than zero. If they are enough you can even find a part-time job. The current donation system is not efficient at all. We CAN make a change to the modding scene through it.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #30245570. #30297000 is also a reply to the same post.

Macalah wrote: Please please PLEASE someone make a Disney Princesses mod!!! Someone on Imgur came up with the idea and it's brilliant! follow the link and you can see what I'm talking about! Potentially making Rapunzel's hair a usable weapon (whip) would be incredible!

http://imgur.com/gallery/JEmEvhD
williefreeman wrote: These are great. Thanks for sharing Macalah!

That is genius, they would be really cool followers. i really hope someone with the know how does maybe teams up with DeserterX for custom outfits and Elianora for some follower homes for them.

PLEASE!!! put mod requests in the Mod request forum, That is what it is for. Cluttering up other peoples topic with random requests is called topic hijacking and can get you banned.

I will be removing any requests attempting to hijack other topics.

I need some help if anyone can, I have the mods for the mini hideout by megaton and the coyote power armor, only 2 aside from dlc's that make the game any different, I was wearing the power armor for a while, I didnt get to upgrade it yet and somehow it says that I am stuck in overdrive and cannot upgrade the armor, it glitches and shows parts of the armor on my shoulders and back when I take it off, and can't seem to fix it, all my previous saves now have this glitched armor, is there a way to fix this or just delete the mod and try again? Edited by slicedeath

Guest deleted10460550

Unfortantly for me my pc stopped working and I had to get it on xbox one, what I hope for is that peaple will submit mods on the site where xbox mods are starting. As fallout 4 is the first game to have mods on consoles I hope I dont have to cough up 2000$+(new pc) for a pc exlusive hardcore mode mod. While I completly understand peaple not wanting to add there mods on steam or the fallout 4 site after the paid modding shitstorm I also think sharing your mods with the console players a good first step into changeing some peaples minds about modding as a lot of console peaple think modding is cheating because they themselfs have never tryed creating or playing with mods.

I hope that the nexus will hopefully also support the new console mods as this is the best site in my 3 year experiance with pc modding.

Edited by looper8330

Guest deleted10460550
In response to post #30351105. #30360630, #30365950, #30366300 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

Is this the end of Skyrim?

WHY would you think that just because a new game came out nobody would ever mod or play Skyrim again? http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif I saw the same comment when Witcher came out earlier this year. Look at the Oblivion mods. Oblivion just withered away and died because of Fallout 3? Nope, the Oblivion mod community is still very active after over 9 years. Some of the top rated Oblivion mods were actually released AFTER FO3 came out. The FO3, FONV and And the Skyrim communities will be around for a long time to come. We still see mods for Morrowind. Some people will not like FO4, and will stick with Skyrim. Others will not buy FO4 until the price drops to something reasonable. And still others are waiting for the SDK so they can get better mods.

ordog2 wrote: The answer:

:D
Kalell wrote: @ordog2 lol, nice!

Bethesda's games never die. Ten+ years from now people will still be playing Skyrim. I still play Morrowind regularly.
ordog2 wrote: Kalell, playing it sometimes me too and Oblivion also, wonderful Tamriel. :)

Peaple will still play morrowind when TesVI hopefully is made.

In response to post #30351105. #30360630, #30365950, #30366300, #30520485 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

WHY would you think that just because a new game came out nobody would ever mod or play Skyrim again? http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif I saw the same comment when Witcher came out earlier this year. Look at the Oblivion mods. Oblivion just withered away and died because of Fallout 3? Nope, the Oblivion mod community is still very active after over 9 years. Some of the top rated Oblivion mods were actually released AFTER FO3 came out. The FO3, FONV and And the Skyrim communities will be around for a long time to come. We still see mods for Morrowind. Some people will not like FO4, and will stick with Skyrim. Others will not buy FO4 until the price drops to something reasonable. And still others are waiting for the SDK so they can get better mods.

Bethesda's games never die. Ten+ years from now people will still be playing Skyrim. I still play Morrowind regularly.
ordog2 wrote: Kalell, playing it sometimes me too and Oblivion also, wonderful Tamriel. :)
looper8330 wrote: Peaple will still play morrowind when TesVI hopefully is made.

Awesome videoclip! ;D

In response to post #30351105. #30360630, #30365950, #30366300, #30520485, #30835000 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

looper8330 wrote: Peaple will still play morrowind when TesVI hopefully is made.
aiNkyy wrote: Awesome videoclip! ;D

i'm playing Morrowind as we speak. these games don't die, hell I plan on streaming a blind play through on twitch of the earlier games, once I get my new laptop.