Fallout 4 Nexus Site Launched

SirSalami

I pre-loaded the game so it became functional as soon as it was released. Plays well, many good things about it...definitely room for modding! No loose files though. The data is all in .ba2 archives. I have no real ability to create mods, but I do have an extensively modded skyrim game using mods created by other, more talented people. This one looks like it will be completely different in terms of how to mod it, however.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #30240290.

bippyg wrote: I pre-loaded the game so it became functional as soon as it was released. Plays well, many good things about it...definitely room for modding! No loose files though. The data is all in .ba2 archives. I have no real ability to create mods, but I do have an extensively modded skyrim game using mods created by other, more talented people. This one looks like it will be completely different in terms of how to mod it, however.

You did not have to unpack it? I preloaded too and spent spent 40 mins unpacking the files.

Game looks and so far plays awesome tho. Atmosphere after leaving the vault is totally depressing, as it should be. I agree bippyg.. a huge improvement with lots of potential for great mods.

Back to the game. Ciao!

I am just a user but I have this to say. Please expand the donation system!!!!!!!

-Create a prominent donation button next to endorse button. No more pop-ups though.

-Create titles, with coloring depended on the donation. Let people know who supported which mod.

-Make the nexus profiles a little more interactive as if they were a mini-game themselves.

Any side-effects from "pointing out" donators and having a shiny big donation button will be overshadowed by the benefits. Good modders may never have the chance to maintain/create a mod because they also have to work for food. Give them an extra motivation!

Edited by Seremoth

Apologies to whoever just asked about when NMM will support FO4, I accidentally deleted your comment! But in answer to your question, once we can get some proper mods out for FO4 and test the mechanism, we'll update NMM to work with FO4.

How are mods coming out for FO4 when the CK for FO4 doesn't even come out until sometime next year? I'm very confused about this. Not that I'm complaining but I am curious as to how modding FO4 is even remotely possible at this point in time. Let's hope Bethesda learned from the bugfest that was the Skyrim CK & fixed the issue that would cause mods to have deleted navmeshes.

In response to post #30252385.

ff7legend wrote: How are mods coming out for FO4 when the CK for FO4 doesn't even come out until sometime next year? I'm very confused about this. Not that I'm complaining but I am curious as to how modding FO4 is even remotely possible at this point in time. Let's hope Bethesda learned from the bugfest that was the Skyrim CK & fixed the issue that would cause mods to have deleted navmeshes.

The same way Skyrim did it all those years ago. Textures and some meshes don't require the creation kit. Simpler mods could be converted over with little tweaking from previous titles. Most of the mods we'll be seeing will be textures, lighting, bug fixes, ect. Once the kit comes out, we'll be seeing more mods that need scripting coming out.

Just got my copy in the mail and installing it. Still probably gonna be a while before I can play.

Yup, giving me between 8 and 10 hours on the DL. Probably won't get to play until tomorrow. :(

Edited by Kalell