Circumventing the +-64 cell size limit for worldspaces

The fix may or may not materialize at some point in time, is all I know.

But I suppose they will be focused on fixing CTD issues for now. So don't hold your breath.

I just found something:

On the mod page for "Buffout 4", in the "Bugs" section, on page 3, there is a bug report made by you.

Basically you asked for this worldspace bug to be fixed.

And next to it is a big red "won't fix".

So I guess one of the few people who actually would have the skills to do something like this does not want to fix this ...

Sad ...

So I guess this is it then?

Unless something happens or somebody just out of nowhere fixes this ....

:sad:

I've been reading some old threads (2012) on the subject, which was already present and mentioned for Skyrim.

A guy named "shadeMe" posted a (possible) solution, which might still work for FO4 too...

[HAVOK]bUseCharacterRB=0

Add the above bit to your Skyrim.ini file - It ought to 'fix' the bug. I'm yet to fully understand what the issue is, but I think it's related to Bethesda's implementation of rigid bodies for characters (bhkCharacterRigidBody). It appears that the landscape MOPP generation code doesn't correctly queue welding tasks for cells outside the -64/64 range, causing CRB entities to 'hop' about (due to collisions with the terrain mesh's triangles). The INI tweak causes the physics engine to fallback to the older (and less efficient) AABB-phantom (bhkCharacterProxy) character controller implementation.

I've been reading some old threads (2012) on the subject, which was already present and mentioned for Skyrim.

A guy named "shadeMe" posted a (possible) solution, which might still work for FO4 too...

[HAVOK]bUseCharacterRB=0

Add the above bit to your Skyrim.ini file - It ought to 'fix' the bug. I'm yet to fully understand what the issue is, but I think it's related to Bethesda's implementation of rigid bodies for characters (bhkCharacterRigidBody). It appears that the landscape MOPP generation code doesn't correctly queue welding tasks for cells outside the -64/64 range, causing CRB entities to 'hop' about (due to collisions with the terrain mesh's triangles). The INI tweak causes the physics engine to fallback to the older (and less efficient) AABB-phantom (bhkCharacterProxy) character controller implementation.

No, sadly this doesn't work ...

I put it in the "general" section of the ini file.

I still get the weird movement, clipping through objects and not beeing able to interact with anything (furniture) when I am in cell +64 or beyond.

[HAVOK]bUseCharacterRB=0

No, sadly this doesn't work ...

I put it in the "general" section of the ini file.

I still get the weird movement, clipping through objects and not beeing able to interact with anything (furniture) when I am in cell +64 or beyond.

I would say you should actually put bUseCharacterRB=0 in [HAVOK] section instead of general, because [HAVOK] is a section on itself.

[HAVOK] should be the section name. With bUseCharacterRB=0 as a key=val pair.

...but I'll admit the fallout4.ini or fallout4prefs.ini do not have a [HAVOK] section by default. (might still work)

If you just put the entire line inside the general section it could actually break that section (as the first part sets the section for all that follows)

In which case the setting itself should probably still have had an effect though.

Would have been nice if it did.

...but I'll admit the fallout4.ini or fallout4prefs.ini do not have a [HAVOK] section by default. (might still work)

I do have a [HAVOK] section in fallout4.ini, right after [Water] section, it only contains 1 entry: iNumThreads=4, I don't know if I added it at some point, but I don't recall adding it myself.

I do have a [HAVOK] section in fallout4.ini, right after [Water] section, it only contains 1 entry: iNumThreads=4, I don't know if I added it at some point, but I don't recall adding it myself.

Nope. I double checked, but didn't miss it. Water is actually the last section inside my fallout4.ini