Transitioning from LE to SE

tnu

So I've been thinking about Transitioning from LE to SE but the process of rebuilding my load order and converting mdos that were never converted to SE that I consider absolute essentials is prety daunting does anyone have any tips or guides or tools to make this easier?

I left behind all the mods that were never converted, and am loving the ones that Were COnverted, and the awesome new ones that have been written

I don't miss any of the Oldrim mods.

Especially with people getting so creative with SKSE64

OK do you have any recommended substitutes for Quick Menus and Magic Study Overhaul? Otherwise I have my doubts.

My tips are generic

1. Consider using Vortex. It makes life so damned easy. Most problems I see here and at Lovers Lab are posted by MO2 and NMM users. I'm sure there are things to love about either of those managers, but they sure do seem to result in a huge number of problems. And in Vortex, FNIS is handled in the background, and so are 98% of LOOT related issues. It's also somewhat "native" for use with Nexus (ie installing direct from the mod page)
  2. If you can, install to root, like Bethesda wants. It makes life so damned easy. I see many problems posted from users who've decided to use the old obsolete 1990s "multiple partitions" scheme. It's way out of date, and at least in my opinion, produces hassles that are unnecessary and waste time one could be *playing* Skyrim instead of wasting time hunting down silly problems.
  3. Install only SE qualified mods. Make sure they're SE qualified. Then make double sure they are SE qualified.
  4. Be careful to read mod descriptions thoroughly and install any listed dependencies (also known as "requirements") prior to the mod itself.
  5. Do not bulk install mods. That's a recipe for problems
  6. Check game operation in between mod installations if at all possible. Again, blind installs lead to problems almost inevitably.

Not a popular position, but I play the game and spend very little time needing to figure out mod issues.

Also on top of Quick Menus and Magic Study Overhaul I'm not sure I see any really good alternatives to Cobb Positioner or Jaxonz Positioner, and Jaxonz Renamer.

Wait I just learned that papyrus scripts work perfeclty fine carrying over form LE to SE and I can use Cathedral to carry ove rmost everything else.

Edited by tnu

Also on top of Quick Menus and Magic Study Overhaul I'm not sure I see any really good alternatives to Cobb Positioner or Jaxonz Positioner, and Jaxonz Renamer.

Wait I just learned that papyrus scripts work perfeclty fine carrying over form LE to SE and I can use Cathedral to carry ove rmost everything else.

You could always use Jaxonz Positioner Converted.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13090

YOu need to search for these things.

Also, as I said, there were LE mods I thought I couldn't live without, that ended up having an even better SE alternative written by different modders that improved the mods in every way it's up to you to find them

Your problem is you're thinking or assuming you MUST convert everything from LE that you use to to SE when you haven't even looked if there are equivalent or better mods that REPLACE the LE versions, that have different names.

One of the things I did was treat SSE as a different game and installed what I could find, since it's now been 5 years since release and there's a ton of mods out there that are straight up convertsions, while others are straight up improvements of LE mods with different names the LE equivalents

My Suggestion, BEFORE you go through the pointless Converting your entire load order process, FIRST, go to the SKyrim Special Edition Mod Page, click on MODS, then click on TOP FILES or MOST ENDORSED, and start downloading and installing mods from that first and try them out.

There's going to be some mods that make you go, "Wow" and be more willing to leave any LE mod behind, (which is a list that has gotten smaller and smaller of 6 years)

Also, as I said, there were LE mods I thought I couldn't live without, that ended up having an even better SE alternative written by different modders that improved the mods in every way it's up to you to find them

Your problem is you're thinking or assuming you MUST convert everything from LE that you use to to SE when you haven't even looked if there are equivalent or better mods that REPLACE the LE versions, that have different names.

One of the things I did was treat SSE as a different game and installed what I could find, since it's now been 5 years since release and there's a ton of mods out there that are straight up convertsions, while others are straight up improvements of LE mods with different names the LE equivalents

My Suggestion, BEFORE you go through the pointless Converting your entire load order process, FIRST, go to the SKyrim Special Edition Mod Page, click on MODS, then click on TOP FILES or MOST ENDORSED, and start downloading and installing mods from that first and try them out.

There's going to be some mods that make you go, "Wow" and be more willing to leave any LE mod behind, (which is a list that has gotten smaller and smaller of 6 years)

Right now i"m looking for a good substitute for Quick Menues and Magic Study Overhaul that basically end up being core to mos tof my playthroughs. the closest I can think of are Spell Research and Project Proteaus but the former is extremelyd iffernet in how it works from MSO and the latter while it has some features that QM doesn't it lacks many more that it does so those are the two i'm mot concerned baout.

Right now i"m looking for a good substitute for Quick Menues and Magic Study Overhaul that basically end up being core to mos tof my playthroughs. the closest I can think of are Spell Research and Project Proteaus but the former is extremelyd iffernet in how it works from MSO and the latter while it has some features that QM doesn't it lacks many more that it does so those are the two i'm mot concerned baout.

Try Dinos Spell Discovery.

Many people have switched over to that from Spell Research

Try Dinos Spell Discovery.

Many people have switched over to that from Spell Research

I'm probably going to stick to converting MSO I value its much higher degree of flexibility, configurability andout of the box compatability with mdos that add new spells.