[LE] Collections on NexusMods !

This is my first and my last initiated topic on this forum.

2020 - September 21 "Microsoft buys Bethesda's parent ZeniMax Media" https://www.bbc.com/news/54233235

2021 - March 09 "Bethesda joins xbox" https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/09/officially-welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

2021 - July 01 "An important notice and our future plans for collections (by BigBizkit)" https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14538

To understand the next overview look at this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/316-game-specific-forums/

Fallout 3                -    39,983 topics        
    2008        Bethesda         152,060 replies          9 %  --|
                                                                 |
    Fallout: New Vegas       -    50,003 topics                  |
    2010        Bethesda         175,516 replies         10 %  --| = 29 %
                                                                 |
    Fallout 4                -    53,319 topics                  |
    2015        Bethesda         177,310 replies         10 %  --|

Kingdom Come: Deliverance        585 topics        
    2018    Warhouse Studios       1,271 replies

Morrowind                -    10,550 topics
    2002        Bethesda          56,827 replies          3 %  --|
                                                                 |
    Oblivion                 -    63,895 topics                  |
    2006        Bethesda         321,543 replies         19 %  --|
                                                                 |
    Skyrim                    -  186,787 topics                  | = 64 %
    2011        Bethesda         670,817 replies         39 %  --|
                                                                 |
    Skyrim Special Edition    -   20,223 topics                  |
    2016        Bethesda          56,781 replies          3 %  --|

XCOM - Enemy Unknown    -      1,949 topics        
    2012    Firaxis Games         14,947 replies

XCOM 2                    -    1,204 topics        
    2016    Firaxis Games          5,828 replies
    Game-specific Forums        462,867 topics
                              1,718,214 replies        100 %

Have you got any questions, what kind of mods will be collected? It's nexusmods own download manager "Vortex" that should be promoted!

!!! Deadline 2021 - August 05 !!!

I've been trying to awaken as many as possible to the issue that Nexus is trying to violate our "Intellectual Property"!!!!!.

A mod is a piece of art, and as all pieces of art have "Intellectual Property", and this is what's been violated for their own benefit !!!.

Modders are leaving Nexus, and so will i if they don't change their mind before the deadline.

We made Nexus what it is and we can kill it....

Collections of Mods is Nexus way to say ModPacks, which they've been circling around and trying to find a way to easily feed it to us for quite some time.

Edited by maxarturo

Nexus thinks that has power that can allow it to Violate our "Art's Intellectual Property", that power is us, we are the reason Nexus exists !!!!, without us Nexus will vanish overnight.

Nexus thinks that it doesn't really matter if modders leave, tomorrow new modders will come, one leaves another one replaces him.

And here is where Nexus is wrong and we modders have the absolute power over Nexus.

We modders that have 30+ years of experience and have influence and shaped the gaming industry as it's today, alongside with all the today's experienced and talented modders, can easily give that power to someone else.

We made Nexus what it is, and we can kill it.

All of those new modders that Nexus thinks that will replace us will follow us, because we are the ones that can produce high quality gaming products that the new modder will want to imitate and learn from, we are the ones that inovate and make leaps forwards, we are the ones that educate, share knowledge and knowhow, we are the ones that give birth to new modders of high level.

Wherever we go, everybody else will follow... it's unavoidable.

Nexus exists only because we allow it to exists.

Nobody can violate our "Art's Intellectual Property", art belongs only to the artist with all its rights.

The violation of an "Art's Intellectual Property"

is legislated worldwide.

R.I.P. Nexus

Not sure we'll see a mass exodus of modders. Lucky modders are now being given the chance (until Aug 5) to have all their files removed if they desire this. A couple of days ago they didn't have that option.

Also, I think there was a clause in the TOS that most of us signed off on that allows Nexus permanent access to our files. I don't have a copy of an old TOS but if anyone does, it would be interesting to post it for review.

Not sure we'll see a mass exodus of modders. Lucky modders are now being given the chance (until Aug 5) to have all their files removed if they desire this. A couple of days ago they didn't have that option.

Also, I think there was a clause in the TOS that most of us signed off on that allows Nexus permanent access to our files. I don't have a copy of an old TOS but if anyone does, it would be interesting to post it for review.

It's already happening, a lot of modders have already deleted all their files, search for those famous modders how had created a lot of mods with a lot of download, and you will see...
I deleted some of the most downloaded mods ever created some years back with my old 'Username', and i'm about to do it again, but this time for good.

This is going even deeper.

steve40 deleted all his mod, and then today he did a little search and found that his mods are not deleted, but hidden!!!!!!..

Nexus lied to our faces!!!!.

The nexus is stealing and selling everyones mods. Read carefully please. If you archive a mod, its hidden from public view, but if you PAY for the API, you can still access the mod through the paid service. That means not only would everyones mods be stolen, but if you hid any, the nexus would be selling them anyways which is DIRECTLY against Bethesda EULA as well as all other major games studios:

From the Bethesda construction set EULA:

"You may not cause or permit the sale or other commercial distribution or commercial exploitation (e.g., by renting, licensing, sublicensing, leasing, disseminating, uploading, downloading, transmitting, whether on a pay-per-play basis or otherwise) of any New Materials without the express prior written consent of an authorized representative of Bethesda Softworks. This includes distributing New Materials as part of any compilation You and/or other Product users may create."

I guess the Terms and Policies no longer apply to the mod authors. Quote "You must not use our services for your own personal storage or share files with a limited group of users."

It would be interesting to see how a situation like "The Frontier" would be handled in the future.

Would the mod uploader be allowed to delete the mod? Or, didn't anyone think of this before that right was taken away?

Or, is the option to remove mods in certain circumstances being kept a secret?

I think it was just a delay in the process. The UI is probably quicker to update than the request to delete the file from CDN servers. Because today that link to steve40's mod goes to a The mod you were looking for couldn't be found page rather than a download page as it did yesterday.

File deletion requires submitting a request following a specific procedure outlined here.

Also, Bethesda EULA is not the Nexus TOS.

Yes, I've heard some were seeking legal counsel, which may have played into the decision to give MA's the opportunity to have their files deleted over the next month. I could see a legal argument with the initial plan to implement this without forewarning to MAs, but now we have a month to decide to remove our files. If we decide to keep our files on Nexus, then we've agreed to their TOS.