Changing Bot Randomizer mod

kalevala17

I want to download the amazing Automatron Bot Randomizer mod by rylasasin, but it's got multiple non-canon edits to the game that I don't like. Namely, it adds plasma weapons to all robots and new shoulder launchers to sentry torsos. I'm trying to find a way to remove those specific items from the spawn/crafting lists, but I'm very new to this whole thing and can't figure out how to do it in the CK or Fo4Edit. The mod is also packed as an .esm file, with an overrider that's supposed to actually inject the changes to the game, but I can't figure out how to change that. Can anyone help? I'm guessing that its something really simple, but I just don't know enough to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39552?tab=description

Edited by kalevala17

Alright, so I managed to actually fix the issue by opening the Overrides file in xEdit and modifying the base .esm underneath it. Don't ask me how, I don't know. But now I'm trying to figure out a way to restore the Mechanist robots to their default yellow color instead of the new gray option the author inserted. And while I'm at it, I'd like to randomize their voices (Handy voice on a Sentry bot, etc.)

Anybody know how?

So update, it turns put that either my alteration or the mod itself causes robots to have basically a 0% dropchance for ANY robot mods. Did almost the entire Automatron main quest and got only two mods. After disabling this mod, robots are much less menacing and far more bland, but at least I can loot them now. Anybody able to help?

Instead of the OMODs there should be a LIST (?) someplace that the mod chooses from when deciding what to add on. If you delete the plasma entries from there that would get rid of those parts. Well, assuming the mod is written correctly and checks list size instead of hard coding it.

Instead of the OMODs there should be a LIST (?) someplace that the mod chooses from when deciding what to add on. If you delete the plasma entries from there that would get rid of those parts. Well, assuming the mod is written correctly and checks list size instead of hard coding it.

I have no idea what that means. I am very new to this and really only learned the basics so that I can change this and a few other mods to better suit my load order. Could you explain it like I'm an idiot?

NM, I downloaded the mod to take a look and I see how things are done. To get rid of the extra weapons you need to go through all the hand slot OMOD records and remove references to plasma. Same thing for shoulder launchers.

To get rid of the gray paint you need to go through all the altered NPC records and remove the added gray BGSM references.

It's a big job, sorry. If LeveledItem lists or FormLists had been used it would have been fairly simple, but I'm guessing Bethesda didn't do it that way originally for some unknown reason.

Do you know anybody I could contact who would be able to help me with this? I've already tried contacting the mod author himself, but he hasn't responded despite being online. I can't find any alternate mods that seem to offer these changes.

Alright, I'm going to attempt to do this in the CK. Tried it in xEdit, F'ed things up. Trying to go in, remove the OMOD files (JUST the OMODs, not the co_ or anything else) and then scour for the .BGSMs.

If and only if I can do that, I'll try and update the loot lists so bots can drop their own mods too.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY FALLOUT

Alright, so here's where we sit: I've managed to create a 100% successful patch to the bot randomizer file that correctly removes all new bot mods and resets all of the Mechanist bots to yellow. That works, and it works well. Bots look great and combat is far more varied than it ever has been.

I've looked at the bot loot pools and they're actually stripped down from vanilla loot, making salvaging mods almost impossible - they all have to be crafted!

So now, looking at the Salvage Robot Parts mod, a bunch of extra levelled lists have been added, one for each kind of robot. They make every mod available as a drop source with varying chances. Fair enough.

I've spent the last two days trying to create a merged patch, using Fo4Edit, Merge Plugins, and even the Creation Kit itself! The CK got me the closest to success, but wouldn't actually load any armor mods into the loot pools, only weapons, despite armor mods being present in the code. When I reopened the .esp in the CK to look at it, it had removed a bunch of the levelled lists so that they weren't even there anymore!

If anyone can help me here, I've got the unmerged plugins, along with full documentation on where and what (as far as I know) to change. PLEASE someone help!