Array of issues when using player.moveto

Sweet6Shooter

All of the pertinent markers are persistent xmarkerheading references, positioned just above the floor, not clipping into it, with editor ids. The game can successfully print the editor id of the marker the script is referencing, but it just simply won't move the player out of the Villa Fountain cell, and when the player is brought to the Dry Canyon marker, they successfully arrive, but the screen is stuck black and the game isn't active.

The only guess I can come up with is that you may have inadventantly disabled or setSestroyed that marker, or even moved it into the cell the player is in. In my 9 years of modding, I've never had a moveto command fail.

For the black screen problem. maybe do a PCB before the move.

Edited by GamerRick

I tried it myself to see what would happen. I took a script of mine that responds to a hotkey and changed it to do a player.MovetFade to an xMarker near the fountain in Dead Money. That way I was also testing the theory that the command may not be reliable when you are in a menu (or paused) state. It worked every time (except for the fade thing doing nothing I could see either).

So, you have a weird problem that is hard to diagnose. Something gets messed up before you get there. Like maybe your code that moves the player from your new space to Dead Money does something that could cause a problem changing worldspaces.

Or (just thought of another), maybe it's because of something that happens in your new space when returning from Dead Money. So, it would be something happens after the movetofade that causes the game to hiccup when doing it from the trigger and just freeze up when doing it with the gun.

Edited by GamerRick

Unless you purge your mod list ,,, and start clean from vanilla ... you cannot be sure ... unless you know the ticky tack what effects what .

Which I doubt you would be here if you knew that .

You can't just willy nilly create mods based off of other mods.

Have to be secure in what your mod is based off of.

which I guess is an open subject with the 150ish mod list ,

Yall make me sick doing that .

Hence live with the shiot that it creates .

Good luck

I also made sure to test this with no other plugins installed, so it's not that.

okies well scratch my rant about that .

Maybe start again explaining your problem if you still want help .