Vortex not installing new mods (1.4.16).

lordloss1993

Your .net installation is corrupted. The error message that caused the installer to fail is this: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

So the Assembly "System.Data" is missing. Thing is: System.Data is part of .Net, not Vortex. Usually it should be installed as part of Windows and kept up-to-date by the windows updater.
Fix should be easy: get .Net framework 4.8 from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework , Install.

I tried downloading it, but it says that .NET framework 4.8 or later is already installed. Also its weird that this is controlled by windows updates, because this issue with vortex started immediately after a windows update.

Okay, I tried that and it says the tool made changes to my computer to address .NET framework installation problems and to try reinstalling the .NET framework or the the update that was failing, so i tried that first program you send me and it still says .NET is already installed. Nothing changed, Vortex still won't install.

I also tried this. The SFC command worked and found and successfully repaired some files, but i got stuck on step 3 because the CMD says "DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option 'clean'"

Also, my computer just bluescreened for the second time since applying your first fix. I wasn't even doing anything, just browsing youtube.

A blue screen means that you have hardware and/or driver issues that are adversely affecting your computer's operation. Your problem with Vortex is a symptom and not a cause of these issues. Furthermore, just browsing YouTube is not a case of not even doing anything. Your computer, your OS, and a variety of other programs are quite busy making that happen.

Let's hope that someone with technical expertise will come along and help. I wish I had the required expertise, but unfortunately I don't.

You probably mis-typed the DISM command, the command you should type doesn't contain an option "clean"

You may want to run the command again, maybe copy and paste it instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

As AugustaCalidia said: Bluescreens happen because your OS, drivers or hardware are corrupt, user-space applications like your browser (youtube) or Vortex can't cause a bluescreen without something being broken "under the hood".

Considering that both the .net repair tool and sfc found files corrupted, I think it's safe to assume something went severely bad on your last windows update. Repairing/recovering system files and maybe reinstalling your graphics card drivers may help but at this point it's really difficult to guess remotely what's wrong with your system.