Exclusive Content in Games

SilentPOH

Does it bother anyone else that different platforms get exclusive content based on where you buy a game? Paying the exact same retail price at GOG, Steam, Microsoft Store, or any other platform is the same for the customer minus exclusive content. I personally dislike developers creating "exclusive" content for games in this manner. I recently noticed a mod maker upload a mod that enabled said exclusive content and was swiftly banned for piracy of all things. Mind you the content that was enable is in the base game and simply disable for all but one platform version. It just bothers me and I wanted to hear other peoples point of view. I fully accept not everyone will share the same point of view as me, so what do you think about exclusive content?

"Exclusive Content" is a marketing ploy. The content offered it generally meaningless and inconsequential. Further, in almost every case I have seen this practice, the game maker will eventually make all that marketing nonsense available on all platforms. For me, it is a MEH, in any case, as I simply don't care.

• 1 month later...
This bothers me a lot. I know the company is trying to maximize money, but that's exactly why it feels so scummy to me. Sony and Nintendo are examples of this, locking series of games behind console paywalls, meaning you have to buy a $600 entry ticket just to gain access to them. Falls into my dislike of "subscription" and "advertisement" dominant marketing... it feels unfair and it's bothersome to the consumers. That's the point of it all, of course, but you can see why I don't like it.