Are the Black Books quest items forever?

gizmologist

Dang I had the same question and was going to look into it. Can't believe they expect you to carry them all around forever, there are more to be picked up besides the main quest you know...

What I will do and here is my suggestion is use the console command: player.drop (insert item number here) and hit enter. You can find the numbers online easy enough.

Alternatively you can sell them I think, but then you can't use them if you ever feel like going back to Oblivion.

The Black Books open portals to those most precious of Daedric artifacts, safe storage containers. They only work in Solstheim, but man do they ever work.

Unfortunately, I don't think the storage is safe in Apocrypha. I looked in the CK, and also found in-game that they respawn. Damn.

Of course, you can also just dump stuff on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't want a mod to remove them but also want to keep them in a chest or something, just remove them with console commands as usual. Then go to your desired container, open console, click on the container, and use the ''additem xxx 1'' command for all books and they will be in the container. Beware though, if you pick the boks up, you will have to do this all over again.