Skyrim Tavern music is playing always

offiJo

HI!

I got a problem with my soundtrack in skyrim. This music is playing at night day outside in a dungeon or in a building. Its really annoying and Im going to be crazy! I searched in some forums. They are saying that its a problem with Madfrenchies mod "fight against the thalmor". I had it in my modlist but after i finished it I uninstalled it. It looks like it isnt a problem with Frenchies mod. I disabled all my mods but it didnt help.

Has someone a fix?

I am not sure that this will work, but it should if the problem is that the mod deleted a master file and that is causing your issue. What I would try is to reinstall the mod in question, return to a save from before the problem started, then save. Run TES5Edit on the mod to remove any master file deletions, save, open up the game again, then save and remove the mod exactly as instructed by the mod author. You would need to play on from that point, returning to any of the saves that have the music problem may just reintroduce it into your game.

Oops--just saw that "disabled all my mods" thing-- disabling mods en masse can cause more problems than you had to begin with. I would definitely recommend carefully re-enabling all of your mods, trying to exactly recreate your load order from before you did that, and making sure to return to a complete save from before the music problem and the mass disabling.

I am not sure that this will work, but it should if the problem is that the mod deleted a master file and that is causing your issue. What I would try is to reinstall the mod in question, return to a save from before the problem started, then save. Run TES5Edit on the mod to remove any master file deletions, save, open up the game again, then save and remove the mod exactly as instructed by the mod author. You would need to play on from that point, returning to any of the saves that have the music problem may just reintroduce it into your game.

Oops--just saw that "disabled all my mods" thing-- disabling mods en masse can cause more problems than you had to begin with. I would definitely recommend carefully re-enabling all of your mods, trying to exactly recreate your load order from before you did that, and making sure to return to a complete save from before the music problem and the mass disabling.U

Unfortunatly I´m deleting all my old saves and there is no old save where the soundtrack worked well. :(

I think you are out of luck, then. You could try using Steam's verify cache thing, (you may have to redo TES5Edit and any changes you have made to your ini files after that), but if that doesn't take care of it I think you are either stuck with the music problem or you will have to start a new install/game.

I would encourage you not to delete all of your old savegames--file corruption is a pretty regular thing and often the easiest fix (and sometimes the only fix) is to revert to a working full save.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hello i recently added the fantasy protzect music in my skyrim data esp and the other files i placed them in data however when i play the game it seems it s not working the skyrim plays it s own defallt music no chage ??? any helpp