Make an item a quest item

IronDusk33

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to make an item undroppable, and un-unequippable (if that makes sense). I know you can link items in aliases, and with quests, but, to be frank, I have absolutely no experience with quests and scripts, so a tutorial or steps would be much appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Using a quest alias, you can make it a quest item that can't be dropped. But that wouldn't prevent it from being unequipped. For that you'd need to force equip the item with Game.GetPlayer().EquipItem(MyItem, True). With that, it would be equipped and they wouldn't be able to unequip it. So, for the quest alias, make your quest and make a new reference alias. Edit the reference alias, and set it to Specific Reference, and choose your item. Check the box Quest Item in the top right. In the quest stage when the item should be equipped, add the line Game.GetPlayer().EquipItem(Alias_MyAlias, True) compile that and see if it works. This will make it so the item is a quest item as long as the quest is running, and at the stage when it shouldn't be allowed to be unequipped, it's force-equipped and abPreventRemoval is set to true. In the stage when they should be allowed to unequip it, put in Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(Alias_MyAlias).

This is written such that the name of the alias is "MyAlias". If you named the alias "NeatObject" then you'd use EquipItem(Alias_NeatObject, True).

EDIT: Damnable "related" topics at the bottom. Didn't realize the "related topic" was months old...

Edited by Xander9009