Construction Kit extender more broken than the normal thing!

justinrpg

I want to add that after the last post, I updated CSE from 10 to 11 and I did not had a single crash. My Bat files works perfect. First I tried to start it with the Launch CSE.bat that was provided, did crash CSE as i use ENB :D My bat files works perfect with ENB. I made sure it does not disappear... ;) The new Scripteditor looks cool too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the subject on me huh?

Still cannot made Rydia a base scale of 2

Also I want to be able to mod the scale of the dragon statue in the Talos Plaza District and make it a housing item but the only option that I get for the dragon statue is to edit the ID and NOTHING else. No clue why the devs of CSE did not include any options for structures.

How could something that obvious get overlooked?

That issue has nothing to do with CSE. I just changed it. Well go to CSE DL page and add a bug report if you wish but it works just great for me to change the scale of that specific Statue reference in bot Talos plaza and inside the temple. But if you do, you are wasting your time. ;)

So if the cale does not change when you get into the game is because the scale is set in your save file and coordinates and angles and scales will not update in game if you first visit the cell, make changes to it and revisit it in game. It is the way this sh't works. You need to delete the reference in CS or CSE, add a new, and add it first over the old one from top but clicking t om the old one, add the right coordinates, angles and scale and click OK and after that you delete the old one and make adjustments to it until it is exactly as you want it and first then, it will get updated in game, not before. We you can always try to disable it, enable it and updat3d on it as that might work, maybe but I doubt it.

Object Window, Preview Window, (empty) Render Window... where's the window with the cell contents, the references? You're only editing Base Objects, where the properties you seek are not to be found. It's the references you need to get a hold of. The window that's missing in your screen.

https://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Cell_View_Window

But I only want to put the dragon statue in one save file. That edits it globally.

I am trying to put the dragon statue in the anvil manor basement on ONE SAVE FILE only

Unless there is a way to load save files in the extender, I need to set the size in the base objects and then use placeatme

Unless the extender has a way to only put that there after Where Spirits has Lease completes AND make a way to purchase it from NPC.

Object size is determined by their NIF. In order to adjust size you have 2 options: modify a reference to that object or modify the NIF itself. You cannot modify the base object in the way you're talking about, it makes 0 sense to. Place the object inside the overworld, then modify it directly

If you want to have changes only in a save file but not in another, using plugins is not an option. Enabling plugins applies their changes, disabling plugins undoes them (in most cases anyways).

The only way to have changes only in 1 save file (or all successive save files stored after this) is through using console functions instead. No mod can do that.

• 1 month later...

I did mod a long time now, without saving. *CRASH*

Well it does not matter really. ;)

1. I was editing a long script in Notepad ++
  2. I use auto save

:D

Still, it crashes often. The only thing with these crashes is that it takes some time to get back into CS but edit scripts with Notepad++ and use Auto save, and you be just fine, as i am. :D