Glass for windowed concrete walls

Danstronghammer

Why not just add the glass to the nif?

Drop it as a loose file in ./data/meshes... & all your concrete windowed walls would have glass ...

Creating just the nif would be easy. Creating an ESP to add glass as build-able object is a lot harder (& would require you to place them manually for each wall/window)

Why not just add the glass to the nif?

Drop it as a loose file in ./data/meshes... & all your concrete windowed walls would have glass ...

Creating just the nif would be easy. Creating an ESP to add glass as build-able object is a lot harder (& would require you to place them manually for each wall/window)

That sounds like a good idea, but I wouldn't have the first clue how to do it, as I'm not a modder, and i play on consols, but thanks for your input.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... you might wanna scale down on your wishes. Unless USO uses a texture swap on the original, that would require editing the meshes.

Its relatively easy to add glass to the original. Changing all walls.

Or, to add a version with glass, as those 2 mods do.

But that doesn't include other mods adding or changing stuff, unless, as I said, they use swaps & you add it to the base version.

Otherwise your only option is a separate piece of glass, but that would require connection points to put it in place. Again, you would need to modify all those concrete meshes. (incl. other mods, like USO)

I can (am willing to) get you this:

52537461-1649763122.png

As an esp file which swaps the mesh for a new mesh with glass. (So, it replaces the vanilla one) - this will probably not work with USO, depends...)

Together with a main.ba2 & textures.ba2. Created on/for PC. (I will NOT do any conversion to xbox, if needed.) You have my permission to do so yourself.

@RoNin1971,

Thanks again for your suggestions, and your offer. But I'm not a modder and I wouldn't have a clue how to create / edit / convert mods.

As far as I'm aware, USO just retexures the vanilla concrete walls.

What about something that adds glass panels, which don't necessarily snap into walls, but could he used with place anywhere or similar mods?