[LE] AI Package help

wilwhitt56

Im starting to create AI packages for the NPC's in my manor, but i've run into a snag (story of my life at this point). What I did was make a set of Ai packages for a maid to start and test things out. Basically her schedule is suppose to:

Morning-wake up at 5 am and wander in the servants quarters for an in-game hour til 6

6 am- go to the hallway and idle wander, using the sweeping idles I placed throughout the halls

6 pm- go back to the quarters and chill

9 pm- go to bed, repeat process

The problem, she's not even moving! Maybe you guys can see what I did wrong? I used Darkfox127's tutorial on Ai Packages for this, maybe he forgot to add something?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Nd8LXYRA0

Edited by wilwhitt56

I notice your schedules are set for Weekdays (M-F). Are you sure your test game isn't the Weekend? Do you have any packages to give her something to do on the weekends?

Are all your cells navmeshed? No navmesh is a typical reason for NPC's not to move at all.

Are you testing with a save that is not currently in the cell? Another reason for wonky behaviour. Make sure you test with a save that isn't in the cell and move to it.

I notice your schedules are set for Weekdays (M-F). Are you sure your test game isn't the Weekend? Do you have any packages to give her something to do on the weekends?

Are all your cells navmeshed? No navmesh is a typical reason for NPC's not to move at all.

Are you testing with a save that is not currently in the cell? Another reason for wonky behaviour. Make sure you test with a save that isn't in the cell and move to it.

-Yes, when I start a new game it starts on sunday (or sundas in game) so I wait until monday to try it. And no, I didn't give her anything to do on the week end, right now i'm in the testing portion of this to see if she follows the commands for the weekdays.

-Yes, my cells are navmeshed

- Im using the alternate start mod and picking the "arrived by boat" option every time, ending up outside.

I do teleport to the specific room where it starts, could that cause it to not work?

Edited by wilwhitt56

-Yes, when I start a new game it starts on sunday (or sundas in game) so I wait until monday to try it. And no, I didn't give her anything to do on the week end, right now i'm in the testing portion of this to see if she follows the commands for the weekdays.

- Im using the alternate start mod and picking the "arrived by boat" option every time, ending up outside.

I do teleport to the specific room where it starts, could that cause it to not work?

tried it with the barkeep and he went straight to his location. maybe the maid just has too many?

tried it with the barkeep and he went straight to his location. maybe the maid just has too many?

seems that only the bartender is working right. im gonna try making a new NPC and seeing if the Ai package works, Just to see if it has something to do with the NPC and not the package

seems that only the bartender is working right. im gonna try making a new NPC and seeing if the Ai package works, Just to see if it has something to do with the NPC and not the package

alright so. I'm trying something new here. What I tried to do was simplify it down to using patrol idle markers and having a test maid use them while having a simple Ai package to go to sleep in the same room. It worked then. When I moved her out of the room however, all she did was stand there when the time came for her to go to sleep. What am I doing wrong? It seems like such a simple command. When it hits 9, go to the servants quarters and go to sleep. ugh.

Is the bed owned? She won't use it if it is (unless it is owned by her). Maybe increase the target range of the sleep package, pick the bed as the target of the sleep package with a range of 128. Check the furniture markers on the bed. Is the bed facing the wrong way with the furniture marker against the wall?

Is the bed owned? She won't use it if it is (unless it is owned by her). Maybe increase the target range of the sleep package, pick the bed as the target of the sleep package with a range of 128. Check the furniture markers on the bed. Is the bed facing the wrong way with the furniture marker against the wall?

I did all of this and more, and she still just stands there!! I tried adding a travel package to try and get her to walk there before the sleep package, changed it to a travel and use idle when that didnt work, nothing! This is so frustrating...

Maybe post a pic of the AI Packages tab on the NPC record. Sometimes order of packages matter. In general it should be Eat - Work - Sleep and none of the times should overlap.

Work can mean 'go somewhere and do something' or 'go somewhere and sandbox'.

Your package for travelanduseidle isn't necessary. Just drop an xmarker near your sweep markers and give her a sandbox package to it so she can wander and use any of them.

I never get sandbox destinations with xmarkers to work.

What my experience is: If you have a package that won't work, try not to fix it. Mostly it will not work. You will lose a lot of time. Delete it and make a new one.

You can try to set up a sandbox multilocation package and use idle markers to set the destinations.

You can try to use conditions instead of setting the time inside the tab. Use GetCurrentTime <= and GetCurrentTime >= (game hour). May work or work not. I tried both a lot of times and I really can't explain why it sometimes doesn't work. Look at the package stack of some workers (miners or similar) and see how beth has done this.

AI will mostly not update correctly if you use an existing save.

For your maiden to get to sleep: Is she allowed to unlock doors? Normally it's not necessary to assign a bed to npcs to get them to sleep. If the bed is set to no one, she should find and use it. Try to advance the destination radius.

Good luck :smile:

Edited by Tasheni