Slow-Time Enchantment on Weapon? Our Clumsy Solution?

Gorgopis

Advice sought, please.

We have textured a "nice-looking" weapon, (Let's say, "The Hourglass"), but we have struggled to place a slow-time enchantment onto it.

We have discovered two workarounds for the slow-time and frost-slow FF effects in the CK that don't work for our weapon, (yet).

1) We discovered that a script can be written and used to activate an effect upon weapon-draw. Of our two solutions, this is better, especially if we can write or borrow or modify a script to point that effect result to our new-weapon-draw only.

2) More clumsy, we tried with some success to edit weapon-type perks to introduce some weapon-specific slow-time effects, though they don't slow down NPC's which is what we'd really like to accomplish. Also these perks likely apply to all players equipping all weapons of that weapon type.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We're hoping the community might like our mod, if published.

That's interesting.

I'm currently working on weapons and armour.

Initially I just wanted to correct the stupid weights that Bethesda created... Beth isn't the only one to do this, btw. You know, a warhammer weighing the same as a large sheep on the end of a 6 foot pole. Darn it, an olympic weight-lifter couldn't swing the thing!

You know how things go, though. It expanded and before you know it, I'm adding new merchants, altering enchantments etc.

I'll look at 'Slow Time' and see what I can do. It's a nice idea to add to some more boring unique items in my own mod.

I'll let you know if I hit on a more elegant solution.

I take it you've looked at enchantments? I've added items to fortify enchanting skill in a personal mod. It's there in the vanilla game, they just never used it. In that case I had to be careful because pushing the enchantments too far can break things. I had to test for some time, but it works and is safe.

Edit: DLC2dunFrostmoonRingInstinctSlowTimeEnchEffect... that may be worth a look. It's from an enchantment, of course, and slows time for 20 seconds after a ring is equipped. It's to do with equipping a ring, rather than a sword, but it may help.

Thanks again over here.

We created an OP Circlet of Enchanting, which really helped accelerate the Enchanting Grind, without accelerating it too much, which we added to our Overstocked Helgen Mod, which did not get a lot of downloads, but which is fun to play, anyway. Players who hate being overpowered too early can always leave the unwanted stuff.

We will take a look at the FrostmoonRing effect, you mention.

Where we get stuck is that Armor and Clothing and Shield Enchantments do not seem to cross-apply to Weapon Enchantments. And Voice Powers are hard to convert to Enchantments that can apply to weapons. (Or at least we don't know how, yet.)

Projectiles are a fun way to go, we have found, because you can get around the weapon vs wearable vs. voice effect limitations by applying an effect to modded projectiles.

What's funny, though, is the hostile NPC's can get hold of these enchanted projectiles when struck, and then fire them back and hit the player! And some of those darned Forsworn Archers move at supernaturally fast speeds! And are logic-defyingly accurate no matter how you kite or move your character!

Most NPCs go into a telephone box before the player arrives and pull some (invisible) red underpants over their normal gear.

They attach (an equally invisible) golden letter 'S' to the front of their chest pieces.

They are then able to slide instantly 5 metres to one side to avoid spells and arrows. I dare say that this gear also allows them to snatch projectiles out of the air.

I've added items of fortify enchantment, btw. You need to test a lot. If the player enchantment skill goes too high (off the top of my head it's around 200) then the enchantments go tits up. They don't show correctly in the HUD or work correctly. That's just a word of caution.

If you're interested, I could give you the strength of the enchantment that is optimized to be safe but high.