Animations Without FNIS?

Bionoodles

So I've been thinking about changing up the animations for Skyrim's NPCs. The 'running with a blade' animation looks like the Dovahkiin is going to give them a hug, and I hate that dumb ninja-like pose for when a character is holding two blades. And don't get me started on the spell-casting.

FNIS is very difficult and inconvenient for me to use. Any mod recommendations for someone who really doesn't want to redownload this animation manager thing?

Yes there is. Skyrim Behaviour Organizer. I think it's up for download here. You can talk to the author about it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38376/?

I'll give you a heads up, it is heavily involved, and wont be an easy thing but it's possible.

If you can't contact him here, you'll have to go to official TES forums where he's more active at.

Edited by Terra Nova

So I've been thinking about changing up the animations for Skyrim's NPCs. The 'running with a blade' animation looks like the Dovahkiin is going to give them a hug, and I hate that dumb ninja-like pose for when a character is holding two blades. And don't get me started on the spell-casting.

FNIS is very difficult and inconvenient for me to use. Any mod recommendations for someone who really doesn't want to redownload this animation manager thing?

It sounds like you are only thinking about animation replacers, not new (additional) animations.

For that you don't need FNIS. Rather a 3D animation tool. 3DS Max or Blender.

Yes there is. Skyrim Behaviour Organizer. I think it's up for download here. You can talk to the author about it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38376/?

I'll give you a heads up, it is heavily involved, and wont be an easy thing but it's possible.

If you can't contact him here, you'll have to go to official TES forums where he's more active at.

Huh?

SBO is a tool to better understand the internal structure of behavior files. It's for absolute experts, and by no means anything that allows you to add animations.