Pinned Guides Discussion Thread

Wandik

So everything went fine (almost).

In the middle of the Citadel I still se a big red square and for some reason, after Broken Steel starts, I can't go back to Rivet City because my game crashes. That happens if I try to fast travel and if I wanna move there on foot.

I've never had so much trouble getting an Addon to run in my life O.o

ps, about Vista64 - i'm going to build my new core7 rig in two weeks, and i'm planning to use vista 64bit ultimate... i'll post some "findings" then

What is a core7 rig?

What are going to use for the MoBo, CPU, CPU Cooling system, etc? Are you going to use a Custom case or a gamers model case, already built? Are you upgrading to a new monitor too? Are you going to use the business end of Vista Ultimate, at all?

lol :) i've just ordered a Core i7 920, EVGA x58-SLi, ASUS ENGTX295, 6GB of Corsair's DDR3 1600C8 RAM, APEX 120GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 300GB, Cooler Master SilentPro 700W PSU, COoler Master Cosmos without window :), Noctua NH-U12P LGA1366 CPU cooling and some other 12cm noctua silent fans... oh, allmost forgot Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty I have left from old pc...

about monitor, after long selection, i've chosen HP 2275w...

i think it's decent gaming rig, almost for one year... i'm going to install Czech 64bit Vista Ultimate with SP1, hope localized SP2 will come soon :)

@sick: i think you can live with few red exclamations in citadel :) as for BS and rivet city crash, i didn't get so for yet... i've just managed to get Pitt working, i had an old addon downloaded before update, so it crashed in wasteland after meeting Wehrner :( i had to dl' the new one updated by beth in august, disabled all pitt related addons, save, enabled pit and others and wait for 4 days... now it's working, i can confirm no crashes in wasteland related to pitt anymore :)

@sick: i think you can live with few red exclamations in citadel :) as for BS and rivet city crash, i didn't get so for yet... i've just managed to get Pitt working, i had an old addon downloaded before update, so it crashed in wasteland after meeting Wehrner :( i had to dl' the new one updated by beth in august, disabled all pitt related addons, save, enabled pit and others and wait for 4 days... now it's working, i can confirm no crashes in wasteland related to pitt anymore :)

It's actually just one :) and that doesn't bother me all that much, the crashes going anywhere near Rivet City that's annoying.

And Pitt and Anchorage worked flawless for me (once I edited the fallout3.ini manually) well, except the Ammo Press in the Pitt which wouldn't let me make any ammo at all.

And, now that I think about it, some terminals in the last quest of Broken Steel didn't let me do anything so I guess it ain't working as flawless as I thought it would.

But I have to admit I cheated my way through the game to see if stuff was working properly.

Gonna restart the game with FOOK and FWE (although the increased numbers of spawned enemies are kind of a pain in the butt - like when I checked it out and went to the Super Duper Mart near Megaton and there were about 8 Raiders in front of it - needless to say they killed me...) and hope that the new patch (with a new version of fose will make those crashes go away :) )

Works on "getting mods working..." put to pending state (although there were no updates lately...) due to new beth patch

*waiting for mods' updates, compatibility patches, maybe new fake and unofficial patch to be released*

...maybe i'll stop the fake way, and start a new one based on 1.6 patch (as seen from last reports, bugs with mods except the "racism" white bug were solved)

... i'll start new mods "pack" after all "main" mods will be marked as safe for 1.6 (either by mod updates, or via compatibility patches). also, i'm waiting eagerly for new FOOK release. with my new rig, i'll be able to add some more FOOKU texture updates too... i wanted to post another part of my guide about adding custom hair, which happened to be a bit hard process because of adding a lot of user made hair packs into one loading order, but with release of FACE, adding almost all custom hair and eyes should be easy - i'll add this mod into the new version as well.

good luck everyone :)

lol :) i've just ordered a Core i7 920, EVGA x58-SLi, ASUS ENGTX295, 6GB of Corsair's DDR3 1600C8 RAM, APEX 120GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 300GB, Cooler Master SilentPro 700W PSU, COoler Master Cosmos without window :) , Noctua NH-U12P LGA1366 CPU cooling and some other 12cm noctua silent fans... oh, allmost forgot Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty I have left from old pc...

about monitor, after long selection, i've chosen HP 2275w...

Thx, you just saved me from having to do a lot of Googling to find out which firmware and software you were referring to. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting this amazing walkthrough, it makes my life so much more simple. However, I do have one question, Somewhere along the way, my game lost a few textures/meshes; so far, I have only noticed it on the Rivet City Guards, I believe it is a misplaced texture/mesh for the FOOK Uzi and a few other guns. if someone could tell me or screenshoot me a picture of the proper file placements for these guns I would be most grateful. If perhaps its a problem with my load out, I will post my current load order.

Fallout3.esm
FakePatch_v1.5.0.22c.ESM
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
CALIBR.esm
FOOK.esm
CRAFT.esm
FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
HairPack.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
VATSFixOff.esp
FOOK.esp
FOOK - Anchorage.esp
Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp
FOOK - The Pitt.esp
FOOK - Broken Steel.esp
FOOK - Point Lookout.esp
FOOK - Tougher Enemies.esp
FOOK - Strength Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.esp
FOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.esp
FOOK - Reduced Armor Boni.esp
FOOK - Free Play After MQ.esp
FOOK - Owned!.esp
FOOK - Fawkes Quickfix.esp
MyFOOK - The Pitt Ammo Press.esp
CALIBRxMerchant.esp
FWE_01_COMBAT.esp
FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp
FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp
FWE_04_CHARACTER_II.esp
FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp
FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.esp
FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.esp
FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp
FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp
FWE_08_FEATURES.esp
FWE_00_QUEST.esp
FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp
WeaponModKits.esp
WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp
WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp
WMKAA12Shotgun.esp
WMKAA12Shotgun - FOOK.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Increased Spawns.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp
TheOutbreak - WMS Vanilla Combo Pack - C24H.esp
UPP - Pack 1.esp
UPP - Original Perks.esp
UPP - Pack 2.esp
UPP  - Quest Perks.esp
UPP - Experience Perks.esp
UPP - Beverage Perks.esp
Existence2.0.esp
Bottle That Water.esp
Rivens_Eyescapes.esp
eyes_hairpack_en.esp
hair_add_npc.esp

Total active plugins: 75
Total plugins: 76

PS: I did follow the guide more or less 'to the letter', so most answers about my setup can be derived from that. And once again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me make my favorite game with my favorite mods playable again, I would be eternally grateful!

PPS: I know this is the third time I have posted a similar question, but apparently I keep putting it in the wrong forums :( sorry, I think I got it this time.

• 1 year later...

Serious help needed! I've been trying to figure out this broken steel problem for days, but havent worked it out :sad:

Okay, heres my problem:

I have moved all my files to fall out 3 data, but when i run FOMM and want to check the brokensteel.esm, theres only fallout3.esm :ermm:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6561/nexus.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See? It's missing :wallbash: Pls help me i have tried everything! (sorry if i posted this into wrong place and sorry for bad englishs)