Body Mods Not Working

Merilian

The title states my issue, but let me explain a little bit more in depth. Also, I am trying to use CBBE.

I've used CBBE before with no issues at all, the mod installed perfectly through

the Nexus Mod Manager. Now however, it doesn't seem to function at all.

I select my options in the NMM Installer, and it finishes installing.

I then create the bodies with Bodyslide CB ++.

If I go into my meshes/textures folder, the date changed for most of the files

(The ones which should be changed by Bodyslide) matches the time and date

I edited them/when original files were installed. (The body mod's files display that they are installed)

When I go in game, my character still possesses the vanilla body with the dirt, yellow garments etc.

If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I'd appreciate this.

Thanks!

I don't know about Bodyslide, does that involve creating an esp/m file? Might not be in the right place on the load order. But if all files are installed correctly in your data folder I honestly have no idea why the changes aren't taking effect other than a potential conflict with an earlier loading file's esp.

EDIT: In my Skyrim.ini located in C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\My Games\Skyrim, under the archive tab there was: bInvalidateOlderFiles =0. I had previously not attempted to tamper with this for I thought resetting my Archive Invalidation would be enough.. After changing it to the value to 1, everything functioned again.

PS: Thanks Oubliette.

BodySlide/CB++ is a part of CBBE, and, like all body mods, does not have .esp/.esms. Load order is not an issue.

If it worked fine before, then I can pretty much rule out that you're using a custom race/a mod that separates player meshes/textures from NPC ones.

Apparently a new Windows update has caused issues for a number of players. I don't use NMM, but apparently it has an Archive Invalidation option you can try. If that doesn't help, and you haven't done so already, move your Steam folder out of Program Files (x86) so the Windows UAC doesn't mess with it. You don't have to reinstall anything; just verify the cache of each of your games so your registry gets updated (and update your shortcuts), and you can continue as normal.

Edit: Ninja'd. XD

Interesting. I did not know about that in the .ini. I shall have to remember it for when I redo the CBBE FAQ.

The title states my issue, but let me explain a little bit more in depth. Also, I am trying to use CBBE.

I've used CBBE before with no issues at all, the mod installed perfectly through

the Nexus Mod Manager. Now however, it doesn't seem to function at all.

I select my options in the NMM Installer, and it finishes installing.

I then create the bodies with Bodyslide CB ++.

If I go into my meshes/textures folder, the date changed for most of the files

(The ones which should be changed by Bodyslide) matches the time and date

I edited them/when original files were installed. (The body mod's files display that they are installed)

When I go in game, my character still possesses the vanilla body with the dirt, yellow garments etc.

If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I'd appreciate this.

Thanks!

If you are using a race other than the vanilla ones, then you may find the race mod has it's own body nifs and textures. The Chocolate elves is one that has it's own set. If this is the case, you have to replace the race's set with the body and texture files from the Caliente CBBE mod then then they should work fine.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...