Nor do I, at least since my SLI died (I think I may have had them enable way back in the SLI days ... so long ago now it seems like faded antiquity ... I need a new rig).

• 2 weeks later...

hey just to anyone watching this post... (dont hop on my neck) im working with a touchscreen dell laptop, its a 15.6 in screen and is supposed to run something like 1366x680 hd res (the second number is just a guess im not sure at all) and ive had skyrim since before christmas. i have at least 120 mods and before i was running skyrim at a comfortable 35-45 fps, then after i f*#@ed up my ini. i clean installed skyrim again. deleted bot folders for skyrim and checked the cache through steam, and fixed it. then all of a sudden my framerate just drops to 9 and stays there if im not moving. (oh ill get to he movement in a second) and i have the same mods i did when i installed skyrim, ive kept them up to date and havent really increased my mod size, i use skse and tes5edit and i have FNIS installed as well. i could post my list, but i doubt you would like to read the lengthy order. and like mentioned before all of a sudden my fps is 9-10. no matter where i go, or what i do. fresh out of helgen. like i have nowhere to go and my quest is to talk to alvor. this is a new save, so none of my menus in skse are an issue... im stumped, and nobody else really has this problem it seems. my laptop is windows 8, and can run league of legends 60+ fps, borderlands 60+fps, bf4 45-50 fps, and bioshock infinite at 50 fps. yet skyrim pervades my eyes with 10 fps, and whenever i move, as in touch a key in wasd it takes about....4 seconds to register, and then i move. combat is unbearable. would anybody like to give their 2 cents? and perhaps even a quarter for good luck? if you dont do it for me. do it for dolan.

You do realize that this is the Oblivion forum not Skyrim, right? If you were reporting that problem with Oblivion I would suggest renaming your Oblivion.ini and letting the game rebuild a new one, but this is Oblivion and I have no Skyrim experience at all.

Wondering for my own info ... are you talking about these vanilla Oblivion.ini variables:

bUseWaterReflectionsMisc=1

bUseWaterReflectionsStatics=1

bUseWaterReflectionsTrees=1

bUseWaterReflectionsActors=1

Yeah, that's what seemed to be the problem. Silly me re-enabled them on each reinstall, oblivious to the fact that they could affect CPU performance... I have every slider in game maxed out and with those variables disabled I now get a minimum 58 FPS