Problem with TesVedit

piperman123

I'm using TesVedit to clean my mods and everything is going fine but I just recently tried merging some mods and found that tesVedit isn't creating backups of my esp/esm's which is a massive pain. I've been selecting 'create backups' and checked the tesvedit backups folder inskyrims data folder but it was empty. Anyone know if this is because I'm running it through Mod Organiser? Or is there perhaps a different way of doing it or something?

Also I was wondering if there is a or if anyone has a specific order that they install mods in? Excluding texture mods and the like. I've read that there isn't and everyone seems to do it however they feel is best, installing minor mods and then major ones and texture mods 1st or last for example. But S.T.E.P. says something about telling you the correct order in which to install all the mods, is that just in reference to the texure and/or graphics ones?

I was thinking of installing all my weapon/armour mods fisrt then major ones like ASIS, ACE and AV then installing texture/graphical mods and patches last. Does that sound like a good way of doing it?

I'm going to redo all my mods because of this issue I'm having in case anyone knows how I can avoid doing this btw (the issue is related to my problem with tesVedit... kind of anyway).

Thanks.

Cheers for the reply, I found the folder with the backups. That little bit of info is hell'a handy thanks, I didn't think these would get chucked in there, does that mean MO would be trying to use them too? I had moved them into a new mod before I re ran my sky proc and disabled said mod but still.

Don't suppose you know a quick way of restoring these backups without having to go into each folder or search for each esp/esm do you (everything is in separate folders in MO's directory so would take a while otherwise)?

Edited by piperman123