ENBoost + SSME = increase in loading screen time / longer loading scre

dizM0nkey

Edited -- Added loadorder, skyrim.ini, skyrimprefs.ini, and enblocal.ini

I'm a Skyrim modder and have been modding TES games since Morrowind.

I recently installed ENBoost and SSME to relieve CTD and infinite loading screen bugs... and they work perfectly. I've watched both both of Gopher's vids on these tools:

I'm also using borderless window and allowing ENBoost to manage vsync.

The only issue I'm having with my game is that loading screens can now take 30 seconds to a minute. I have most of the STEP mods installed and am using Mod Organizer to keep mods, well, organized. My rig is an i5 3570+, HD Radeon 7950, 8GB DDR3 -- so not a bad setup.

Has anyone noticed any increase in loading screen time after installing ENBoost? I don't use an actual ENB, as the visuals really weren't for me. Plus, I try to keep my Skyrim directory as pristine as possible. On a side note, if anyone has an ENB they're recommend for ease of use / performance / visuals without pitch black nights, I'd love to hear them

I was also wondering if SSME combined with ENBoost is a good idea. Could these two in conjunction be causing longer loading screens?

Would love to hear feedback on how to reduce load screen time.

Thanks,

diznanl

Edited by diznanl

Try SKSE 1.7.0 and follow his video to get it to work.

What may be causing you with high load times is if you have lots of texture packs and lots of mods that add Npc

I have ENB(it has enbost in it) and a few texture packs like skyrim 2k SFO SBT and some other ones and immersive patrol and the populated series of Npc. And I get about 5 sec loading to 15. May be a thing in your INI not right or to high

I too have ENBoost and SSME. However my loadscreen times are at the most 20 seconds. My laptop is nowhere near as good as your pc and isn't having a problem. Must be something else causing it. If you have a lot of mods that use scripting, that can slow the load time down. If you are only using the boost part of ENB, make sure that in your enblocal.ini these are set:

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false

If you leave UseDefferedRendering on then it still tries to load the graphic enhancers even though it can't slowing down Skyrim immensely.

@Ball11: Thanks, I removed SSME and added SKSE 1.7.0 according to Gophers video, but am getting the same results. I AM using a number of graphics mods. I've edited my original post to show which. When available, I always chose 1K-2K textures, though, attempting to reduce strain on the system.

@hjj174: I've attached my load order to the original post and edited the enblocal.ini to UseDefferedRendering=false, though I'm still getting long load screens.

On other symptom is that Skyrim seems to 'freeze' during the loading screen -- I get a spinning Windows circle as if it waiting, though when I click on the screen, Windows complains that Skyrim is not responding. Just curious if that helps, as before installing ENBoost, I didn't get this behaviour.

NEW UPDATE:

I think I've solved the problem. For enblocal.ini, I had:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

I experimented making them both 'false' instead.

Example load times BEFORE:
Riften to Dragons Reach: 1:00
Dragons Reach to Dragon Bridge: 1:17
Dragon Bridge to Dawnstar: 1:12

Example load times AFTER:
Riften to Dragons Reach: 0:30
Dragons Reach to Dragon Bridge: 0:37
Dragon Bridge to Dawnstar: 0:35

While these are still longer than I'd like, they've essentially cut load times in half. Are there any other recommended tweaks to enblocal.ini I can try?

Thanks,
diznanl

• 1 month later...

This may be of interest to anyone reading this. I found the forum because I was having the same issues. my loading times were around 1 minute in exterior cells after installing ENBOOST and SSME. I saw your solution and looked at my enblocal.ini. I saw that both borderless option were already false. However, I set them both to "true" and now my loading times are around 15 seconds. It appears that in my case, I needed to set the opposite of your settings to solve the same problem.

I'm running an Nvidia GeForce GTX660 2GB

I have crap-saur rig (Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4000+ 2.11 GHz, ONLY 2GB ram, GeForce GT 520 1GB, Win7-64). MO as mod manager, SSME, ENBoost incorporated from Phinix ENB (with ENB settings disabled), over 150 mods (many are no esps, though and few are merged with Mathor's awesome merge patch).

enblocal.ini

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

Never had over 30 secs load time although I get the "windows busy" rolling circle sometimes. BUT - I always disable net browsers, as I've noticed they DO tend to slow my game. Now, don't ask about CTDs - I know I have to let them happen, at least until my rig get replaced with newer :)

A quick update on this topic.

I am currently running:

enblocal.ini

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

If you want to be able to ALT+TAB out of the game, AND keep load times down, I recommend disabling Windows Aero when loading Skyrim.exe.

See my post in the STEP forums:

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/4335-guide-resolve-long-load-screen-times-wborderless-window-mode-enboost-ssme/

• 11 months later...