Blades, what happend?

K9andSmith

I know the basics of what happened, the Thalmor had the blades order disbanded and used their Talos hunting as a cover to kill a lot of them. I also know that cloud ruler was sacked during the great war and only a few of the blades there escaped alive. That said what happened to the blade that were in Morrowind and Black Mash after the war? Did the blades there have any chance to hide from the Thalmor? Also what did the orders knights do after they were disbanded, the ones in the High-Rock stronghold I mean? Did they try to hid or did they go into Hammerfell to fight the Thalmor and got killed off? Is there anything about this mentioned in the lore, was it implied that the two blades in skyrim were the last or the whole order or was it left unsaid? Could anyone shed any light on the subject please?

There were few blades in other provinces at the time of the Great War. They had become a covert organization dedicated to overthrowing the Thalmor, and were no longer officially the guardians of the Emperor or his family.

As such, the overwhelming majority of Blades agents were in the Dominion, and were hunted down and killed prior to the Great War (the Dominion ambassador actually brought their heads with him when he delivered his ultimatum). Those that remained fought during the Great War, and went into hiding afterwards.

The Blades had spent 150 years losing power and prestige, the Great War was just the final death-knell.

Well, not quite "final" since I have it on good authority that they've been adopted by some scruffy fellow they call Dovahkin...

Admittedly, that doesn't really raise their status much since any of the high-and-mighty of Skyrim (and all of Tamriel for that matter) will tell you down the length of their snooty noses that "Dragonborn" ain't nothing compared to "NOBLEborn". (Which is really quite weird since the whole Septim line started with Dragonborn.)