• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jowain92

Jowain92

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Hello, I recently recieved a message from the site saying that I have been promoted to mod author due to a mod I made got 1000 different downloads or similar.

While this made me happy, the way the message appeared got me a little concerned, since it said "warning" in the URL adress, I thought I've done something wrong.

So my question is; is this a usual thing?

Sorry for asking this silly question, I'm just very new to this modding bussiness, thank you for your time.

TheVampireDante

TheVampireDante

Domnitorul armatei strigoi

• Admin
  • 25,112 posts

Nothing to worry about, it's just how the notification system is.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,105 posts

This system was originally used for the informal and formal warning system. It is a full page take over to ensure that the user understands the warning they've received before they can continue to use the site.

We expanded the scope of it recently to include notifying users. An automatic notification is sent out to mod authors now when they're moved in to the mod author group as I know a lot of people didn't (and still don't) know this system exists. We're also able to send manual notifications to users, which is handy when a user isn't responding to a PM from the staff and we absolutely need to get their attention.

But yes, as TVD said, it's nothing to worry about. I assume the warning in the URL is simply a legacy thing.

Jowain92

Jowain92

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Ah alright then, that explains everything, thank you for taking your time to answer my question. I wish you all a very good day :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod author, questio, mod, author

Page loaded in: 1.050 seconds