No random dragon encounters?

Kurzusseus

I'm having this problem where no dragons are appearing at all. Aside from on the shrines.

I've played Skyrim many times before and dragons have appeared, but I've noticed that this past week, the only

dragons I'm encountering is at there respective shrines. I've gone everywhere they are usually randomly encountered

e.g Collage of winterhold Whiterun western watchtower, etc.

It appears to be happening with all my save files.

No random dragons at all, but a dead dragon corpse

follows me around...

Can someone help me with this problem?

Additional information:

This has been going on for a week, maybe longer.

I do not have a mod that reduces or increases dragon

spawn rate.

I do not know when this first started specifically I only

noticed a week ago that they weren't appearing- but

it feels like it was longer then that.

Here you go, my boss log, at least I think this is what your asking for. (sorry new to boss)

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Version 2.0.2 Active
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Version 2.0.2 Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • RaceCompatibility.esm Active
  • DSLight.esm Version 2.0
  • The_Dwemer_and_Falmer.esm
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active
  • prometheus_beastskeletons.esp Active
  • DragonsCanAbsorbYourSoul.esp Active
  • FISS.esp Active
  • lpsleep.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Version 4.1 Active
  • TakeNotes.esp
  • AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
  • contractor armor.esp Active
  • DPArmor.esp Active
  • Falx Armor.esp
  • miraak's loot enhanced.esp Active
  • molagbalarmorsetlagrie.esp
  • SilverDragonArmor.esp
  • SwordsmansCoat.esp
  • LightsWinstadManor.esp Active
  • throneroom.esp Active
  • SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • betterdaedricartifacts.esp Active
  • Headtracking.esp Active
  • waterbreathing breathless emerge.esp Active
  • WieldableLantern.esp Active
  • RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp Active
    • Requires: RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
    • Requires: RND_USKP-Patch.esp
  • RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • TRO_BasicNeeds.esp Version 0.94
  • Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
  • WerewolfMastery.esp Active
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
    • Contains dirty edits: 11 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • room.esp
  • Spell Levitate.esp
  • Improved Dragon Shouts.esp Active
  • Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp Active
  • Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp Active
  • dovahkiinrelax.esp Active
  • FNISspells.esp Active
  • DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp Active
  • The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp Version 1.8 Active
  • Vampirelordroyal.esp Active
  • ds_database.esp
  • Sit Anywhere.esp Active
  • Dwemer Beards.esp
  • Gri_DremoraHair.esp
  • Gri_DremoraScars.esp
  • Dremora.esp
  • AdditionalNPCFollwerVoices.esp Active
  • Child Follower 2.esp Active
  • My_Little_hatchling.esp Active
  • argonianraptor.esp Active

Edited by FalloutZaxus

1) Download TES5Edit from the link in the BOSS log, follow the instructions on the same page, and clean the plugins flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits' (except where BOSS explicitly states they are 'intentional' and need not be cleaned), including the DLC and update esm's. You'll need to remove identical to master entries as well as undelete/disable deleted references. This probably doesn't have anything to do with your issue, but it should be done nontheless.

2) Since you are using the Hi-Res DLC, I recommend you download the Unofficial Patch for the Hi-Res DLC. Nothing to do with your dragon issues, but no reason not to do it.

3) Your dragon issue: if I understand you correctly, you are saying that you no longer see random dragon spawns, like the ones that attack cities, even though you have triggered the appropriate stage in the main quest (I am going to assume you didn't use console to advance quest stages, because that will often break things, but has played the game normally to reach that stage of the main quest). There might be a few different causes of this issue. There is a game setting that controls the timer between random dragon spawns. That value can be edited via the CK or TES5Edit to shorten, extend, or halt the timer for dragon spawns. It's possible that a mod you are using may have edited that value, either intentionally or unintentionally, to extend the timer beyond the time you've waited so far. So any and all dragon related mods in your load order could possibly be responsible for this problem. Try waiting for something like 30 days, and do some fast traveling (always a quick way to trigger random dragon spawns), and see if it helps.

Incidentally, did BOSS output a list of plugins it did not recognized?

Edited by ripple

1) Download TES5Edit from the link in the BOSS log, follow the instructions on the same page, and clean the plugins flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits' (except where BOSS explicitly states they are 'intentional' and need not be cleaned), including the DLC and update esm's. You'll need to remove identical to master entries as well as undelete/disable deleted references. This probably doesn't have anything to do with your issue, but it should be done nontheless.

Great I was hoping to avoid touching TES5Edit I didn't know anything about that. But I'll try.

2) Since you are using the Hi-Res DLC, I recommend you download the Unofficial Patch for the Hi-Res DLC. Nothing to do with your dragon issues, but no reason not to do it.

Will do, I'll get it immediately.

3) Your dragon issue:

In short, you basically got it right. I progressed through the game on my own without using

console at all to forward past a stage. I got past the horn of Jorgen windcaller and am

currently on -A blade in the dark- (i think is what its called.) Kynesgrove dragon.

I've tested and no wild dragons appear on any save files anymore. My only history

with a dragon mod and uninstalling is Territorial dragons from Steam long ago. But

I'm using a save file that didn't have the mod and dragons still wont show.

Incidentally, did BOSS output a list of plugins it did not recognized?

Yes, it listed some mods. Some are mine, but they do nothing to dragons,

except add one to the throat of the world.

• DragonCult.esm
  • DragonGuard.esp
  • MyDwemerHomewip.esp
  • extended encounters.esp Active
  • PlayerInnAddon.esp
  • added characters.esp
  • BetterShahVeeMod.esp Active
  • PlayersAddOn.esp
  • Numinex-Added.esp Active
  • DwemerRevived.esp
  • TamrielCopy02.esp

Edited by FalloutZaxus

To help narrow down the possible causes of this issue, I advise you to uninstall the mods associated with the plugins not recognized by BOSS for now (unless you want to look through each of those plugins' records in TES5Edit), before doing further testing to try and identify the cause of this issue.

Edited by ripple

I'm almost positive my mods aren't conflicting with the issue but I can easily uninstall them for now.

Extended encounters is not mine however, and is active. Turning it off would cause script issues though in

my save game, do I still turn it off? Or will I not be running skyrim while having them uninstalled for now?

Edited by FalloutZaxus

You are just testing right now, so just consider any save you may need to make during the testing period as throwaway saves that you will never continue with in a serious playthrough. This way, you don't really need to worry about the long term repercussions of uninstalling mods as a result of the testing. If you can't afford to turn some of the unrecognized plugins off because they are script intensive, you should at least clean them. Since the BOSS database has no information on those mods, it will not inform you if any of those plugins contain 'dirty edits.'

You are just testing right now, so just consider any save you may need to make during the testing period as throwaway saves that you will never continue with in a serious playthrough. This way, you don't really need to worry about the long term repercussions of uninstalling mods as a result of the testing. If you can't afford to turn some of the unrecognized plugins off because they are script intensive, you should at least clean them. Since the BOSS database has no information on those mods, it will not inform you if any of those plugins contain 'dirty edits.'

ok I made a save file I wasn't going to really use and removed all the mods that Boss didn't recognize. i went into game with this new save-file

and still no dragons are appearing in the wild. Should I still try and clean the mods that boss doesn't know? or do you as well no longer know what

is causing the problem?

My guess would be that i should try to re-install skyrim now? or is there something else I'm not doing?