Some of the things I use to help with BBCode is this button in the left corner of your text area. Whenever you write up something using the forums, or maybe another site that uses the IP.Board Software, you can see the size, font, colour dropdowns and the underline, italic, bold, strike through buttons, and when you click on them, they will automatically change your text to have that.
For example: Text.
I just clicked on the underline button, the colour button and the size button to change that, but if I click this button , it will show the BBCode for the text.
For example: [color = #ffa500][size=6 ][u]Text.[ /u][ /size] [ /color]
Normally, it wouldn't show with any spaces, but I put them in there, so you can see what it would look like. Now you can add that into your description page.
If you want to add in more for your description, here are some more tips:
Normally, they don't have spaces or the insert text bit, but again, that is to show.
- For images [img ] insert a url [/img ]
- Changing font [font=(insert a font),serif]Text[/font]
- When changing the font, if you look on the font dropdown, it will say Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Georgia, and etc which you can put into the insert a font bit and it will change it to that. It works with other fonts that are not in that dropdown as well, so you can put in fonts like Helvetica, Andalus, Impact and so on.
- To position your text to the center [center ] text [/center ]
- To create links [url = (insert a link)] Text[/url]
- To insert a Youtube video, you put in the text after the watch?v= bit [youtube ] oqUmdtdjq_M [/youtube ]
I hope this helped.
Edited by Tealbow, 25 April 2014 - 12:28 AM.