Victims of Mind Control

kungfubellydancer

In short I need to write an article. For this article I require some knowledge about various subjects in the psychology field, but one thing I'm lacking in knowledge in is the Behavior of Victims of Mind Control. The particular people I need information about are victims of intensive brainwashing and torture, for the purpose of making them into war bots or spies. How do they behave? How much sympathy, care, empathy, etc do they possess, if any? Are they capable of having any kind of emotion towards someone or something, such as hate or love, besides that which their programmers have instilled in their heads? Are they capable of rejecting the program once they have been completely brainwashed? Do they need to sustain contact with their programmers in order to maintain the program, or does it begin to fall apart, or are there triggers designed to maintain the program in absence of the programmer?

Remember, this article is not dealing with brainwashing from abusive family members/partners, or subtle mind control (such as TV subliminals directed to the general public). This is only about military brainwashing, such as MK Ultra or Project Monarch.

I understand this is a gaming forum, and that people may not be capable of answering thoroughly or effectively. Thus, do you know of any good site or forum in which I can find appropriate answers? I plan to visit a bookstore too, I am not relying solely on the net, but I would like to hear what you have to say.

This sounds incredibly interesting, KFBD, like The Manchurian Candidate, and I wish I was a psychologist who could answer your questions. Perhaps you could look up the credits for that movie, both the remake and the original versions, and find some leads in whatever research the creators of the film might have done. Sorry I can't be of more help than that. Good luck!

The most-common "mind control" or "brainwashing" conducted by the military is called "Basic Training" or "Boot Camp," and its' subjects typically volunteer for such treatment, yours-truly included. PM me if you want my opinions on the subject.

For general info on "brainwashing" I suggest you check out some articles on Cult activity, specifically the stuff relating to Baghwan Rajneesh (Antelope, Wyoming), Aum Shin Ryo (Tokyo, Japan), the Reverend Jim Jones (Jonestown, Guyana), the Heaven's Gate cultists, and others and you'll get some clear insights into methods, as well as accounts from survivors and escapees from such programs.

In short I need to write an article. For this article I require some knowledge about various subjects in the psychology field, but one thing I'm lacking in knowledge in is the Behavior of Victims of Mind Control. The particular people I need information about are victims of intensive brainwashing and torture, for the purpose of making them into war bots or spies. How do they behave? How much sympathy, care, empathy, etc do they possess, if any? Are they capable of having any kind of emotion towards someone or something, such as hate or love, besides that which their programmers have instilled in their heads? Are they capable of rejecting the program once they have been completely brainwashed? Do they need to sustain contact with their programmers in order to maintain the program, or does it begin to fall apart, or are there triggers designed to maintain the program in absence of the programmer?

Remember, this article is not dealing with brainwashing from abusive family members/partners, or subtle mind control (such as TV subliminals directed to the general public). This is only about military brainwashing, such as MK Ultra or Project Monarch.

I understand this is a gaming forum, and that people may not be capable of answering thoroughly or effectively. Thus, do you know of any good site or forum in which I can find appropriate answers? I plan to visit a bookstore too, I am not relying solely on the net, but I would like to hear what you have to say.

Let me welcome you here. What new form are you?

Are you seeking academic help?

How new to the gamers world are you?

How long has your soul possessed a gamers body?

What are you in this gamers scheme of life? Human or some other gamer theme?

Do you know if you began in this game scheme here or if you began somewhere else?

Tell me of your lineage. Tell me true what you think you are outside the gamers hearth.

Then I will help you in any way to understand gamers shells, bodies well, and if you are amiss with your aim.

Do you need a helping hand to decipher the Dewey Decimal System?

For the most part, the concepts that people have about mind control are merely the works of fantasy and self-delusion. You'd learn more about mind control from looking at some of the various cult groups that have sprouted up in modern times than you would by looking toward military programs. Although the military has invested in various forms of mind control, most of them either didn't work, or did not work reliably. If it did work... ever, you would have probably seen some effect of it working by means of a rapid change to a local power structure. If it worked to any real extent, the military wouldn't be running around the desert chasing Osama, they would just release a few dozen sleepers, and problem solved. Nope... Instead the only thing even remotely close has been religious nutjobs who were indoctrinated with a conscious, and knowing drive toward a cause.

The reality is that stuff like brain washing or even hypnosis requires active, and often knowing participation, acceptance of what is being said, and a consistent, authoritarian message over a long period of time... Kinda like... you know ^. Even with that, the results are not consistent, or even always predictable. There are still ways to slip messages and ideas past the conscious mind, but most of these rely on distractions, and are only temporary.

Unfortunately, there isn't much reliable information on any of this outside of peer reviewed psychological journals. There are just too many crackpots on the internet or writing books to cater to a culture that is developed around this stuff. And even in the case of psychological journals, most of them seem less interested in proving or disproving the processes, and more about just discussing the results. For a field which has so much science envy, you have to look good and hard to find anything which actually follows through. Hypnosis is fun, may hint of actual conscious and semi-conscious processes which may allow for minor changes to perceptions and biochemistry, but isn't science.

By the way... Fort Hood had nothing to do with mind control (beyond, well, you know ^). To suggest otherwise is an insult to the lives that were lost that day, and removes the blame from those who committed those acts.

I totally agree with Vagrant0.

All types of hypnosis throughout the ages have failed, so have sublimital messeges and mental controll... ESP and hypnosis is a myth, proven to be so, otherwise Castro would be dead by now. My dad worked as an intelligence spy during the late cold war, not all of them are icecold killers working for the government, most of them sit in a cheap car all night with a thermos and a binoculars. There is such a thing as brainwashing, but it can only controll emotions and opinions through manipulation, but not direct actions. You can make someone hate something or love something, consider right as wrong and wrong as right, but you can never directly controll someone.

So to answer your question:

If you ever find a victim of \\\"mind controll\\\", let the rest of the world know, it may even make you win a Nobel price.

Thanks for all your help everyone, but I may not have worded my question correctly. I need the RESULTS of a successful brain control victim, a victim that has been made into a warbot or assassin. I don't need any information about the history, process, or actual people involved.

Let's put it this way. For example, if this hypothetical victim was standing right in front of you, how would you describe him/her? Would he appear to have emotions? Would he speak to you, or consider unnecessary conversation redundant? Would you be able to begin a friendly relationship with him, or is he incapable of empathizing with your emotions? Questions like this and others.

And what nonsense is this all about?

Do you know if you began in this game scheme here or if you began somewhere else?

Tell me of your lineage. Tell me true what you think you are outside the gamers hearth.

Then I will help you in any way to understand gamers shells, bodies well, and if you are amiss with your aim.

I see you have found a bit of a following. (In Reply)

My apologies to you and those who fit the academic candor you seek to explore. I apologize for my sordid inquisition.

It may have been my thinking that I was trying to aim the minds of some back to this place Tesnexus, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 Nexus Forum where we are posting.

This is a gamer site. So realistically you are not focusing much on the gamer in your respect. My questions may elude you, give you reason to think, or just puke after wolfing down ball park franks and sharing a keg of watered down beer with your friends.

Some how I feel your purpose is way out of the ball park here and should be held on a forum with academics who 'you and the others' can debate with to your hearts content.

Now that I see others find your lingo fascinating I will leave them and you to your style of off topic mental stimuli.

Carpe Diem! Buyer beware!

Not to go off-topic or something, but Final Fantasy VII has a similar story. but yeah, we're gamers after all :P

"In Final Fantasy VII, due to the combined effect of mako poisoning and the influence of Jenova's cells in his body, Cloud unknowingly holds a fake persona created by the Jenova cells mixing his memories of Zack's personality with the somewhat cocky and selfish attitude he believes a SOLDIER 1st Class would have. However, during the events of the game he eventually restores his original personality, and shows genuine concern for the fate of the planet, a sharp contrast to his persona at the start of the game where he claimed he didn't care about the planet and only agreed to help AVALANCHE for the right price. Once his true memories are restored, Cloud holds the same personality, although his guilt over the events that he allowed to occur as a result of his false memories never left him."

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife

Thanks for all your help everyone, but I may not have worded my question correctly. I need the RESULTS of a successful brain control victim, a victim that has been made into a warbot or assassin. I don't need any information about the history, process, or actual people involved.

Let's put it this way. For example, if this hypothetical victim was standing right in front of you, how would you describe him/her? Would he appear to have emotions? Would he speak to you, or consider unnecessary conversation redundant? Would you be able to begin a friendly relationship with him, or is he incapable of empathizing with your emotions? Questions like this and others.

Maybe I'm just a bit slow, but I don't follow... How can we describe the dispositions and mental states of someone who doesn't exist, has never existed, and has no realistic parallels with. At best, all it would be is some poor rehashing of how various fictional sources have thought of portraying how a person like that might behave so as to cater to the would-be reader. In fiction, most of these persons are portrayed as being robotic so that it is instantly clear that they are no longer in control of their actions and are capable of doing things they normally wouldn't. In reality, there's nothing to suggest that a person would actually behave in that manner. Even with voluntary hypnosis, if something is suggested which is in direct conflict with a person's beliefs and values, that suggestion will simply be ignored or resisted. Even if that hypnosis contains suggestions or directions to acknowledge those conflicts and cast aside those related beliefs and values, it only ends up making the person more resistant to anything presented by that person. The brain knows when it's trying to be tricked, and the subconscious mind still has many of the same characteristics as the conscious mind.

If I had to guess, I would probably say that a mind controlled person, should anyone like that exist in the sense of the word we use, would behave no differently than anyone else. They would still be themselves, but maybe not acknowledge the actions they're performing as their own actions. More of an instinctive, and often misguided habit than a solid, robotic command; IE. picking up a pen from a table and putting it in their pocket without acknowledging the action happened or having any clear directive as to why it was done. In a sense, something like that would be more chaotic and in tune with how the subconscious mind actually works; like a dream, it all makes perfect sense as it happens, but never in retrospect, and rarely with any further implications.