Modesty Mod

zihark7

Not wanting platemail bikinis in the game isn't a question of modesty, it's a question of immersion and sensibility. A plate-mail bikini is ridiculous and impractical and would break immersion. A sex demon or spirit of the wild being concerned about their exposed midriff is equally ridiculous and immersion breaking. I'm not the sort of person that will be desperately awaiting a nudity mod for this game, but to put more clothes on the girls in the game is unnecessary, and a clear indication of an immature discomfort with sexuality.

If there is ever a model exporter/importer released I will personally make you a turtleneck for the desire demon. You can already replace the blood spray with sparkly stars if you know anything about texturing. Would look awesome to have your party covered in little pink hearts after a battle, no?

Nogford, I love how you judge my character with only a tiny little window into my life. The fact that you think I'm immature is only slightly ironic. I'll just go ahead and put you down on the "doesn't want to help" list. No need to bring up the insults.

Kevinwastaken, I know you're being sarcastic, but that actually made me laugh pretty hard.

If there is ever a model exporter/importer released I will personally make you a turtleneck for the desire demon. You can already replace the blood spray with sparkly stars if you know anything about texturing. Would look awesome to have your party covered in little pink hearts after a battle, no?

I can actually see it: A big nice Fireball over our heads for the fans of the romantic candlelights, then a slowmo turn towards some darkspawn dancing around our lovely tanklady in her skintight plate-armor... and for the finishing touch a virulent walking bomb chain reaction for the big event... and your pink hearts fly around all over the screen.

Fair warning, the ones sitting in the first row will get wet.

thanks you really did hex me a smile on my face. ;)

Should retexture the blood to look like candy so we can all be pinatas.

As for the earlier comments about wanting to cover up a practically nude demon being immature, I think it's quite the contrary. It's often the immature kiddies that want to see breasts, and you shouldn't insult someone for making a request.

Nogford, I love how you judge my character with only a tiny little window into my life. The fact that you think I'm immature is only slightly ironic. I'll just go ahead and put you down on the "doesn't want to help" list. No need to bring up the insults.

Kevinwastaken, I know you're being sarcastic, but that actually made me laugh pretty hard.

Im gonna go ahead and agree with the "douche" , the request is kinda out of place.To make it seemingly more clear to you, is like requesting a mode that cover ups JUST the strippers in a GTA game.Its not only pointless but a bit hypocritical.

And even though its an extreme its about the same thing, the only way I see this mod in any way necessary if it were being done with the intention of the game being played by your children or something(aka people who shouldn't be playing the game).

And even then you'd have to replace the blood with stars,turn off the rather grousome finishers(decapitations,etc).Turn off all the "sex scenes", take out the whorehouse in Denerim, mod clothes on a char without equipment, not to mention censor some induendo and don't forget to cover up Morigan's cleavage.

The point is that its a mature game, and PART of the immersion you we're talking about before is the violence and sexual themes(which are rather tame,imo).

BUT that doesn't mean the mod shouldn't be done afterall we have over nine thousand mods concerning Morrigan's boobs :down: its just that its a stupid mod none the less and I guess for some the hypocrisy is a bit annoying.

Alright since no1's giving you a true answer to what your asking for, i felt the need to make an account to reply with :/

Currently what your asking is a reasonable thing to ask for, for any of those who want it, and for those who don't they should stop making a fuss about something you don't even have to add to your game. However it can't be done at this point and time, all the mods you see right now (like white teeth, stat changes, and the occasional creature model being used to make a new party member that can't even use expressions) are all done using things already inside the game that require no real model editing. Right now no1 has figured out how to integrate model editing into the game because bioware isn't about to step up and tell us how they save their models into the game (don't blame them). So when some super genius or something finally figures it out and breaks their code (the ppl that do things like make new classes or link the drake model to shapeshifting will probably be the first to find out) then the REAL editing begins. Unfortunately the first thing that will probably get created is a working nude mod.

(not one that simply retextures underwear to look skin color or removes it leaving gaps in the character)

Doubt i explained that as well as it could be explained, I know what i mean in my own head at least >.<

(but since you can't get a remodel yet, u might find sum1 to retexture the blood, you guys might have been joking about the sparkles and all, but that's more likely to be done right now then sum1 figuring out how to remodel clothes to fit a desire demon, or make new ones that fit one.)

I rather consider these desire demon too tame actually. Hey its an evil demon of seduction, for heavens sake. They wouldnt know what "modest" means, no matter how often you tried to explain it to them.

Um, that said, its of course OK if someone does a modesty mod... I only dont see a reason for using it.

Doubt i explained that as well as it could be explained, I know what i mean in my own head at least >.<

I'm pretty tech savvy, so that was actually very helpful (might've been even if I wasn't). Thank you for explaining without being a jerk about it. :thanks: I'll be waiting for that super genius, since it's bound to happen sooner or later.

I rather consider these desire demon too tame actually. Hey its an evil demon of seduction, for heavens sake. They wouldnt know what "modest" means, no matter how often you tried to explain it to them.

Um, that said, its of course OK if someone does a modesty mod... I only dont see a reason for using it.

And thank YOU for somewhat disagreeing and still not being a jerk about it.

If anyone hears about editing models within the game, please feel free to inform those of us who would like a modesty mod. :biggrin:

(not one that simply retextures underwear to look skin color or removes it leaving gaps in the character)

Actually, zephyre12, this is a potential lead for a solution.

Since the Desire Demon is already within the game, that means it could be retextured or removed, right? And I know removing the entire body of the Demon might be a bit... odd... but it would work, correct? Granted, that would only be a temporary fix, since it would be a little ridiculous to watch the lower half of a bikini running around (thus... immersion broken... haha), but would it be possible to use as a last resort?