Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

Maybe the mod could have a portal somewhere (maybe near the Prison Sewers) so that we can finish the Tutorial and go straigh to Pandora (if someone makes a different world space obviously) or just have a Hometree in the middle of a forest and it would be a little "village" with a few NPC's who would sell clothing/weapons/maybe food and a house.

It's a lot of things, but it would be worthy.

Perhaps making the Hometree might be the biggest challenge of the mod, think of it that way, how will you get all the lod?, and how would you prevent it from disapearing due to it's size?

still I think it's a good idea to have a portal to throw you into pandora, as for the land any random land goes, there's no oficial map of pandora so anything goes, you could infact make different lands like provinces and travel from one to another, I look forward most to the facepaints, I want facepaints.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the mod could have a portal somewhere (maybe near the Prison Sewers) so that we can finish the Tutorial and go straigh to Pandora (if someone makes a different world space obviously) or just have a Hometree in the middle of a forest and it would be a little "village" with a few NPC's who would sell clothing/weapons/maybe food and a house.

It's a lot of things, but it would be worthy.

Perhaps making the Hometree might be the biggest challenge of the mod, think of it that way, how will you get all the lod?, and how would you prevent it from disapearing due to it's size?

still I think it's a good idea to have a portal to throw you into pandora, as for the land any random land goes, there's no oficial map of pandora so anything goes, you could infact make different lands like provinces and travel from one to another, I look forward most to the facepaints, I want facepaints.

We could make it kinda like how the Dryad's made their huge home in Dungeon Siege II, with wooden and wire lifts to take you to the vendors, homes, inn, maybe add a pet shop like in a couple mods I found before, and the lifts could just be portals where when you pull the switch to get from one point to the other you appear on the other lift as if you moved the lift to that location. Although this may be going a little too far with the mod, it may actually prove to be a very good, well known mod.

"What I would be interested in reading would be some suggestions on the stats and attributes that a Na'vi race might have"

So lets brain storm what Stats and Attributes and maybe even Abilities ? they should have

Stats?

Attributes?

Abilities?

*toggle Night eye*?

lets start to get more information for modders here with race itself first then we can post information and idea about land and what not

What I'm thinking is:

Stats:

-Marksman

-Sneak

-Blade

-Athletics

-Acrobatics

Attributes:

-Pretty much the Na'vi have great skill in everything, but what you could do is make the Na'vi very uncharismatic to kind of balance it out.

Abilities:

-Animal Friendship (You can take "Woodland Grace" from the official mod KotN, rename it, and add it as a permanent ability)

-Summon Mount (and make the mount a custom mount from the movie)

-Not sure if it's possible, but if you kill an animal pointlessly you take -1 fatigue and animals attack you on sight for the next game hour

What I'm thinking is:

Stats:

-Marksman

-Sneak

-Blade

-Athletics

-Acrobatics

Attributes:

-Pretty much the Na'vi have great skill in everything, but what you could do is make the Na'vi very uncharismatic to kind of balance it out.

Abilities:

-Animal Friendship (You can take "Woodland Grace" from the official mod KotN, rename it, and add it as a permanent ability)

-Summon Mount (and make the mount a custom mount from the movie)

-Not sure if it's possible, but if you kill an animal pointlessly you take -1 fatigue and animals attack you on sight for the next game hour

The Akataosh mount mod can be the summon its just would need a new dragon mesh/texture that's all

am not 100% sure but haveing a Friendly standing with animals Is Possiable

However I Use OOO so OOO has and evil/good animal Standing depending on what u kill depends which ones attack u or something atlest I think not too sure about that it might conflict

Minior Movie Spoiler

Na'vi do get attack by wildlife if only they are not skilled ( Jake was to noisy that why he got attacked Netryi however was quiet and sneaky*

So in the end Na'vi would still get attack it was jake own Inexperience that made Neytyi had to kill

"What I would be interested in reading would be some suggestions on the stats and attributes that a Na'vi race might have"

So lets brain storm what Stats and Attributes and maybe even Abilities ? they should have

*toggle Night eye*?

I don't think night eye would be necessary, given the whole glowing flora (in case it will be included), and the Na'vi skin and whatnot.

I agree with commander raiden, about the stats, but I dissagree in his concept of the dryads tree, remember that the navi aren't very technological, infact they only make bows from tree branches to avoid felling the entire tree down, and as seen in the movie the home tree has only one floor, the rest is ontop of the branches, and there are no constructions to get there, and no constructions up there, they rely on nature to provide them shelter, they don't build their own shelter.

i gotta disagree with the currency thing. SPOILER ALERT: In the movie, Jake didn't get a bow right away because he wasn't trusted by the Na'vi at first. Maybe instead of making a shop that sells their spears, bows, and arrows, make a quest like the one Jake had to go through of becoming a hunter. Being able to ride a Banshee and a Direhourse could be two quests. Not sure how well it would work, but it would be more like the movie if you stayed away from shops and money.

I agree with u guys

About the Night eye yeah well it be awhile till we get a *Glowing Land* :biggrin:

and i agree Stay away from Money you Earn things by Trust and Respect as a Na'vi and

the only reason he didnt get a bow at the start was he had to be Trust cuase they just dont hand out *Bows made of the hometree* out :)

anyway keep the ideas rolling