Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

Thank you for giving me a lesson in klingon. :thanks: :wallbash: SO MUCH KLINGON! EDIT: DAMN FLOOD CONTROL!!! giving me double post :bomb_ie:

google my friend Na'vi has its own page somewhere

I have a bunch of stuff on the na'vi language a mini guide to learning the language. XD So if it would help i will try and learn it. =)

hehe sweet :) got plenty of time

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Yeah sadly i do... XD Besides i will finally be able to piss my sister off my talking in a language she does not know XD

cept not alot of pll know it ... only the actors and the creator :D

so mostly .... be be like WTF ?? but its a pretty cool sounding Language :) Why well It relates to Nothing ..That we have now completely new Despite English -_- blahh Which sucks alot .START total world Rule and teach everyone Na'vi -_- haha anyway abit side tracked

Keep the ideas rolling

Lol Yeah sadly i do... XD Besides i will finally be able to piss my sister off my talking in a language she does not know XD

so mostly .... be be like WTF ?? but its a pretty cool sounding Language :) Why well It relates to Nothing ..That we have now completely new Despite English -_- blahh Which sucks alot .START total world Rule and teach everyone Na'vi -_- haha anyway abit side tracked

Keep the ideas rolling

Well we could always have the actors talk in Na'vi and have the text in english... or have text in Na'vi and english so we can teach on Na'vi while they play XD

Keep the ideas rolling

Well we could always have the actors talk in Na'vi and have the text in english... or have text in Na'vi and english so we can teach on Na'vi while they play XD

hahaha thats one way lol

but i like the idea They speak Na'vi and Subs are in English but yet Subs In Na'vi would be goood too lol :S haha

but what said was pll around u are going to be WTf are u speaking lol

I wouldnt mind spending alot of time at making some cool pandora-like landscape for the people who wish to create the races / items and such

I suggest we make up a team!:0

So if anybody wants me to, I've got a suggestion

use the landscape that I will make (if asked to)

for a mod where you would start off with char creation, with the only race accessible being Na'vi(I guess that might be a bit hard)

And then lets use our imagination, yeah they might be primitive, but they do have warriors and adventurers. How would the whole story háve turned out if there were no humans on Pandora, and if the story was from an other point of view, maybe an adventurous Na'vi. Since they have a religion they also have a lot of legends and such, im pretty sure its possible to make a cool small "expansion" for the game.

And lol, I dont think ANYONE should even try learning Na'vi x), since Jame Cameron and his crew might only have made up 50 words. Sure it could be funny with the voiceover being some completely random bullshit like "gas Gadukru kLUKAk toruk badinga dadurk blutz blatz its over 9000 what 9000"

but I think that would just be a waste of time, everybody speaks english in oblivion! except ofc.. if you have another client, but err..

I wouldnt mind spending alot of time at making some cool pandora-like landscape for the people who wish to create the races / items and such

I suggest we make up a team!:0

So if anybody wants me to, I've got a suggestion

use the landscape that I will make (if asked to)

for a mod where you would start off with char creation, with the only race accessible being Na'vi(I guess that might be a bit hard)

And then lets use our imagination, yeah they might be primitive, but they do have warriors and adventurers. How would the whole story háve turned out if there were no humans on Pandora, and if the story was from an other point of view, maybe an adventurous Na'vi. Since they have a religion they also have a lot of legends and such, im pretty sure its possible to make a cool small "expansion" for the game.

And lol, I dont think ANYONE should even try learning Na'vi x), since Jame Cameron and his crew might only have made up 50 words. Sure it could be funny with the voiceover being some completely random bullshit like "gas Gadukru kLUKAk toruk badinga dadurk blutz blatz its over 9000 what 9000"

but I think that would just be a waste of time, everybody speaks english in oblivion! except ofc.. if you have another client, but err..

Actually there are over 1000 words that have been made more then enough to get several dialog lines in. I mean it may take some time but it would be a crap load more fun to learn to speak Na'vi and have it subbed in english...

In my opinion speaking in english would take some of the fun out of the mod it may take some time for people to learn it but the main thing they need to know is the sounds and how to pronounce words. I think It would be well worth it to get people to speak Na'vi for the mod and like i said if you guys want me to i am more then willing to start learning it.

hmm yeah 50 was maybe a kinda small number, but 1000? really. thats pretty awesome. Maybe some of what I said should be erased, anyways it could be cool, alot of work with getting the right accent and such. But if we'd get enough of vauenteers we could get alot of voiceovers, without it having to be random bs, But still I think just the project without na'vi voiceovers is big in itself, having to translate all of the stuff we want npc's to be saying to na'vi and such is even bigger. And is Na'vi grammar also described on that page with the vocalbury? Cuz without grammar, things will sound ridicolous.

hmm yeah 50 was maybe a kinda small number, but 1000? really. thats pretty awesome. Maybe some of what I said should be erased, anyways it could be cool, alot of work with getting the right accent and such. But if we'd get enough of vauenteers we could get alot of voiceovers, without it having to be random bs, But still I think just the project without na'vi voiceovers is big in itself, having to translate all of the stuff we want npc's to be saying to na'vi and such is even bigger. And is Na'vi grammar also described on that page with the vocalbury? Cuz without grammar, things will sound ridicolous.

Yeah they did a lot of work with making the language and i can voice act i have done some for halo in the past and if i learn na'vi i can also try and translate some of the text to Na'vi.

I agree it would be a huge task but in my opinion one that is well worth the time it would take to make.

well I wouldnt mind working on it, but if this prject should ever be brought to reality, we'll need 3d artworkers, scripters, writers and such.

but still, i think we should keep it on a realistic level, there wouldnt be any point in using several years on this project , so it should probably be somewhat big, but not too overwhelming, we're not planning an entire new game, it should probably be mostly focused on a cool terrain that fits the na'vi race and maybe a few quests, a player-home, 2 new mounts if anybody are willing to make, around 3 new sets of armor, some new weapons, and na'vi as a playable race, and the voiceovering.

that is allready a huge project to start out with. so if anybody are willing to form a team of modders, it could be really cool, and as I said previously, Im willing to join that team aswell:P