Heide knight armor Restore ?

Guest Ulrich Bethlehem

Guest Ulrich Bethlehem

I was wondering if anyone can restore the heide knight armor to a new, shiny armor ? btw sorry for my bad english...

Here are my WIPs of this:

http://i.imgur.com/5HhA5lX.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/jpwTgvN.jpg?1

All I've touched is the cape and a few of the chains on the waist. You would not believe how horribly mapped that cape is. Took all day. Probably the hardest texture to edit in the game (okay, probably not... but maybe?). Still need to do, well... everything else. I take it you're looking for a super pristine-looking knight, right? I had to add the burn/smudge marks simply because I haven't done the normal maps yet... but I can keep 'em if you like 'em. That goes for anyone; not just OP.

Also, you may be wondering: "why did you make the cape all weird shaped?" Well, that's unfortunately as good as it can get. The alpha map on the upper chest area in the front seems to end almost immediately after the default cape length. For the cape in the rear, I need to keep it that length, because making it longer just looks plain awful (the cape bounces around and spins and twists and clips between your legs with every step. Looks like garbage.). So I'm left having to compromise between cutting the cloaks shorter to keep them even and leaving them longer to keep some of the style. I think I found the best in-between. The good news is the rest of the armor set can't possibly be that hard.

Edited by funexplosions

I finished mine if you want to take a look. It should still be on the front page. It's called "Refinished Heide Knight Set". Very imaginitive i know, but it gets the point across.

@funwexplosion

Your cape looks really good. I was going to do that but i didn't want to bother, lol. I'm very lazy. :P