Immediately Thane of Falkreath on beginning game...

Cambionn

Okay, so every time I start a new game I get this letter from a courier telling me there is a plot for sale in Falkreath to build your own home on. Oddly I'm lvl 1 and the letter is not supposed to be delivered until lvl9.

But that's not the big problem, just part of it. The problem is, as soon as I go to Falkreaths Jarls Longhouse, Rayya comes towards me saying she's appointed to be my housecarl. Suddenly I'm Thane without doing anything but escaping Helgen. The Jarl is also acting as if I'm Thane, making it impossible to gain the rewards of the quest needed to become thane.

Most annoying is, ever since I have this bug, I also don't seem able to move with anyone into Lakeview Manor, as if the game doesn't recognize it as a house, while the other houses from heartfires are...

Any idea what mod may be causing this? I tried disabling all mods related to Lakeview Manor, and load a save from before the courier finds me. Not sure if it helps, as the courier is probably searching for me since I left Helgen... Anyways this way the courier would still find me and gives me the letter, which starts the BYOH quest from Falkreath...

I have tried to delete heartfire's files and let steam download them again, to make sure the DLC isn't broken, but that didn't work. I recently installed Skyrim on a new PC and I've got the bug again...

My mod list:

Dawnguard.esm

Heartfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Apachiihair.esm

Apachiihairfemales.esm

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

TK children.esm

Heartfire houses fix. Windstad Manor.

Heartfire houses fix.Heljarchen Hall.

Uthgerd_V2_Young_VanillaHair1_noWarpaint.esp

Better Dynamic Snow

Unlimited Bookshelves

Obedient Ulfric

Some Privacy, Please! - door Edition: Heljargen Hall

Some Privacy, Please! - door Edition: Windstad Manor

Vampire Lord Wings [ENG&RUS]

Larger Vampire Lord Wings [ENG&RUS]

Armor Perks Without Helmet

Marriable Follower Ralof

Marriageable Dawnguard NPCs

Better Daedric Artifact Weapons

Marriageable Nord Males

Heljargen Hall Attic (No Walls)

Lakeview Manor Attic (No Walls)

Windstad Manor Attic (No Walls)

Some Privacy, Please! Hjerim Bedroom Doors

Better Fire and Frost Breath Shouts

Real Giants

Serana as Ann

Winterhold Gate

True Vampire Seduction

Turbosnowy's Whipcane

TKChildren_DB.esp

TKChildren_V.esp

Female Llewellyn the nightingale (Lakeview Manor Bard)

Heartfire Houses Fix (Lakeview Manor)

Some Privacy, Please! - Door Edition: Lakeview Manor.

TKChildren_HF.esp

Sorted with BOSS (the Lakeview manor ones are only down because I tried the game with them off :blink:.

Edited by TDOGH

Use Loot aswell, the New Version of Boss

You sure that's needed? I saw BOSS updating it's masterlist last week... I really like BOSS because it works for multiple games (like Oblivion) and I have very little space on my PC, so multifunctionality is a pro for me ^^.

Also, where should I look to downlaod, when I google, I get tons of mods that alter the looting system in Skyrim.

You don't have USKP, UDBP, UHFP or UDGP?

I'd get them, sort everything properly and start a new game.

~

I had them in the past, but had a few problems with them, soon I noticed that it's impossible to keep a proper save when deinstalling as they seem to alter many scripts. I try not to use them if possible. Also, this problem didn't exist in the past, it came long after I stopped using USKP (and those of the DLC) and I also can't seem to find the problem somewhere else on internet (found one similar thing on a UESP talk page, but nothing but a comment he had it). If UESP or UHFP would fix it, shouldn't it be a more commonly problem?

I'm just wondering. IF it fixes it I would install the needed patches, but due to the problems I had with USKP I would prefer not to have to install it, especially because I can't de-install it when it doesn't help.

Also, I sort every time I have chanced even the most minor thing with BOSS, but only before I go play the game. I was now trying to fix it, so I waited until I had a fix or tried all mods I could think of that made this happen.

I shall try if USKP en UHFP fix it, Trough I fairly hope it's a mod in my modlist O_O.

If you just carefully look into unofficial patches you'll see how good they are. Game is just too buggy without those.
I don't see your reasoning being the decision of not using it.

BOSS and LOOT are essentially the same thing, but they do that same thing in different ways. As you may know, there isn't only one solution to a problem : )

If you just carefully look into unofficial patches you'll see how good they are. Game is just too buggy without those.

I don't see your reasoning being the decision of not using it.

BOSS and LOOT are essentially the same thing, but they do that same thing in different ways. As you may know, there isn't only one solution to a problem : )

The problems with the unofficial patches was that every time I could finally make use of a bug it was fixed while I had many other bugs that weren't, and it annoyed me. Like there where these mines, called iron ores by the people who live there, but they actually were eboney ores in look and use, USKP made them into iron ores, while I was searching desperately for ebony and the places I knew where depleted already... I know they are good. UESP tends to name them if they fixed a bug, so I read many things it has fixed (lot of those things are fixable with console too trough, just make sure you know what you do ^^).

But Anyways, I tried now to add the unofficial patches and again to delete mods editing lakeview manor or Falkreath in any way, started a new game, but the courier came again. Any other idea's :ermm: ?

I also sorted everything with LOOT this time, just in case (It's slower the BOSS :ohmy: )

Edited by TDOGH

Really, if you're looking for exploits or cheats, there are MANY more less annoying ways than not to use the unofficial patches...

It's not that I'm looking for cheats (if I wouldn't want that I'll download godmod items or make myself unable to die with console :blink:). I don't search for bug I can use. Its just when I'm playing a way to buggy game, I try to find something I can't, and I find on UESP a mine full. I travel to there, after 20 minutes spend on walking thinking I can finally get what I search, I find out it ain't what the UESP said it was. Then I see at the bottom on the page small letter (USKP addressed this, making them iron veins...) It was frustrating...

I had a few experiences like that, so the patches annoyed me, and in a frustrative feeling I wanted to delete them. I never really bothered downloading them again later. And to be fair, I haven't experienced more bugs without USKP then with... All bugs I had weren't included in USKP anyways, so I needed to use console for those even with USKP.

I have them installed by now anyways... Who knows, maybe it'll prevent a bug I actually would have noticed :blink:. By that, can't hurt my stability ^^.

But... Can we stay by the topic, me being randomly the Thane of Falkreath...

Edited by TDOGH

We have been On Topic this whole time.

Install the Unofficial Patches, depending what Game you have
Install and Run Loot
Restart your Game from the Beginning

Just curious, did you Buy Skyrim

Edited by daventry