Mode Organizer Overwrite

Kutoroka

Learning about this now, I have cleaned everything with TES5Edit. The final thing is the overwrite link at the bottom. I click and got this:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/fux284.jpg

I am uncertain about what to do with these files. Thanks in advance.

All depends what IN the folders you are showing...

First..that meshes folder could be nothing more then (.tri) files. you will get them every single time you run the game. they are safe to delete. The come from the Race menu?

Really curious about whats is in the SKSE folder tho....I dont recall seeing SKSE end up with anything in the Overwrite folder. SKSE can not be installed with any Mod Manager in the first place (not fully) SKSE needs to be installed by hand (or the EXE installer) into the main Skyrim Game folder (where TESV.EXE is).

IF its the script files for SKSE...Reinstall SKSE. (NOT using MO)

if Meshes is....

Meshes

Cache

FCA605B7.tri

EE8DCA70.tri

so on and so forth.....bunch of names like this....either leave them be or delete. will have them every time the game is run...its like whack a mole, ya aint gonna win.

:)

Best practice is to always have an empty Overwrite folder before you run a program, (TES5Edit) (Wrye BAsh) then anything in Overwrite belongs solely to that program.

TES5Edit ..puts the Back-up file in Overwrite (Move to the Original Back-up folder for TES5EDIT>>>....Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\TES5Edit Backups

Wrye Bash...puts the Bashed patch in Overwrite (right click "Create Mod") Then enable. I called mine...Bashed_Patch_01

Reproccer puts its files in Overwrite...you right click and "Create Mod" then Enable. I use SUM so i have...."SUM Overwrite"

FNIS (also creates a "Meshes" folder) create mod...bla bla ...

List goes on, but don't recall ever seeing SKSE in Overwrite.....?

The STEP WIKI has a good overview of MO and the Overwrite folder. Bookmark'ed and visited often.

:)

The SKSE folder contains SKSE plugin data created during the game. You can leave them in the overwrite folder or drag-n-drop into other mod listings (if any) that they are associated with, just make sure you keep the correct directory structure or those mods won't work correctly. The tri files in the meshes folder you can delete.

The SKSE folder contains SKSE plugin data created during the game. You can leave them in the overwrite folder or drag-n-drop into other mod listings (if any) that they are associated with, just make sure you keep the correct directory structure or those mods won't work correctly. The tri files in the meshes folder you can delete.

Hi, thank you. How do I know which mod to drag them to? I just don't want to assume and ruin something. Besides that, I think I'm OK now. Thanks again x)

Well, in your case the stuff under the CharGen folder is from RaceMenu. It is a face that you must have exported. The hdtPhysics log is most likely from an hdtPhysics mod. No idea where the StorageUtil.save comes from for sure but I seem to recall a mod called Papyrus Utilities that had a script with that name, could be related.