Why does everyone here seem and/or say they kill Loghain every time?

SpellAndShield

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What!!!!!!

you can spare him!!!

i've only done the landsmeet once or twice.....that is so bad ass.....................

MAN i gotta try that!!!!

edit-wait a minute, when alistair gets executed.......loghain is spared right?

or do you still kill him?

damn it i cant remember

i must find out now

Edited by veteran_gamer

There are two Main choices:

Execute Loghain or spare His life

If you decide to execute Loghain, you can either do it or let Alistair exact revenge, and will affect the next few choices in the Landsmeet

If Loghain is spared, Alistair permanently leaves the Party as his Crisis Moment and Loghain joins as a replacement.

What!!!!!!

you can spare him!!!

i've only done the landsmeet once or twice.....that is so bad ass.....................

MAN i gotta try that!!!!

edit-wait a minute, when alistair gets executed.......loghain is spared right?

or do you still kill him?

damn it i cant remember

i must find out now

I spare him 75% of the time. My last playthrough, I hardened Alistair, married him off to Anora, spared Loghain and even kept him alive for the coronation. Alistair was not pleased...

I let him live once just to see what he was like as a companion. While he was amicable enough, I wasn't at all happy with the way things went that game. He dies every game now for the same reasons as danscott84 and I usually have Alistair do the deed; I consider it a moral imperative.

I let him live once just to see what he was like as a companion. While he was amicable enough, I wasn't at all happy with the way things went that game. He dies every game now for the same reasons as danscott84 and I usually have Alistair do the deed; I consider it a moral imperative.

As I told Alistair, so too will I tell you: killing Loghain won't bring Duncan back! We need all the Grey Wardens we can have and don't forget what Riordan says:

"We aren't judges. Kinslayers, blood mages, traitors, rebels, carta thugs, common bandits; Anyone with the skill and mettle to take up the sword against the darkspawn is welcome among us."

What was he to do?

Cailan (despite his bravado) knew there would be no victory at Ostagar, "it was a fool's battle, lost before it was begun, you are not to blame"...

We aren't judges...and to be frank, Alistair IS a bit selfish in his wish...just as he is when he yells at you for not doing what pleased him at Redcliffe. Grey Wardens are NOT judges...so I only kill him if I have some RPG reason for it...

I have only spared Loghain once with my evil chick because 90% of the time no matter what kind of coniving character I have they just can't get over all he has done and want him out of the picture. No matter if he was Ferelden's savior in the past he let his paranoia towards Orlais and his 'I know what is best for this country no one else dose' attitude change him from that great man into what he has become in Origins. Therefore I, nor my characters, can get past that enough to let him live.

Except for the evil KoKo who not only spared Loghain but had Anora execute Alistair. :ohmy: :sad: Man, I didn't even know I could kill him! I always thought he just left, but nope Anora sent him to his death. *weeps and wails*

Now my husband spared Loghain for 2 reasons and both had to do with me: 1) He knows I am an achievement wh*re and loved rubbing it in my face he did it first 2) I gushed over Alistair so much he was like HA I JUST KICKED YOUR BOYFRIEND OUT! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!? HUHHUH!? :laugh:

So yeah, while Stardust only kills him if he has an rpg reason I am the same way - and have only had 1 character who would even consider doing it for all the reasons I listed above. Death to Loghain! *holds up sign and runs around*

As I told Alistair, so too will I tell you: killing Loghain won't bring Duncan back! We need all the Grey Wardens we can have and don't forget what Riordan says:

"We aren't judges. Kinslayers, blood mages, traitors, rebels, carta thugs, common bandits; Anyone with the skill and mettle to take up the sword against the darkspawn is welcome among us."

What was he to do?

Cailan (despite his bravado) knew there would be no victory at Ostagar, "it was a fool's battle, lost before it was begun, you are not to blame"...

We aren't judges...and to be frank, Alistair IS a bit selfish in his wish...just as he is when he yells at you for not doing what pleased him at Redcliffe. Grey Wardens are NOT judges...so I only kill him if I have some RPG reason for it...

My characters hear Riordan's line and think "Just because you have always done things that way doesn't mean it isn't incredibly stupid." Wardens need to work on their quality control a bit more, be a bit more selective. Next thing you know they will be letting in the undead :whistling:

This is the same answer I added to a discussion on the Bioware forums when this was asked:

I have killed him in my game except once because I wanted the trophy, but since I bought the game on the PC I'll have to do it again at least once for the same reason. I like having Alistair in my party.

As for why? I get that we didn't know everything that went on at Ostagar and I can understand that there might have been a reason for him turning from the war, but why did he blame the death on the Gray Wardens?

Even some of the gossip was that it was silly because the darkspawn killed the king.

It's his fault that my character has to sleep on the ground for somewhere around 2 years hiding out like a criminal gaining a rag tag group of companions which consist of: you're fellow gray warden who doesn't want to lead, a mage that complains about anything that is not totally evil, a loony bard that won't stop falling in love with my warden (I know it's a bug), a huge silent guy with anger problems, a flirty elf assassin that was sent by logain to kill my character (ok, that's a plus on his side), an annoying old lady mage that won't stop sticking her nose in my business and a large golum that also has anger issues.

not to mention having to fix every problem my character comes in contact with "werewolves you say? I'll do it!"

"No king? oh I'll spend a year here helping out. I don't have anything more important to do."

then he blames selling elves to slavers on MY character and her gang of idiots. I didn't have a butt lode of cash either and my character didn't do anything like that.

Oh, he dies in my game for sure.