⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Why does everyone here seem and/or say they kill Loghain every time?

SpellAndShield

I think its probably something along the same lines as his comment of "I can die peacefully knowing that ferelden is in your hands" before you kill him. I think that getting his ass kicked kinda knocks some sense back into him. And he realizes that with all the measures that he went thru to try to stop the warden, the warden has not ony managed to survive, but is strong enough to make it far enough to face him face to face. I think, in the end, he comes to realize, and respect, that strength.

Also.... this is only personal conjecture, but I think the joining may have a little bit to do with it. After reading the books, and ran thru the warden DLC, I've come to notice that wardens seem to have a very close knit group mentality. And a very strong dedication to each other, even when they may not like each other. Now granted, I know that this is common of soldiers.

But.... the Darkspawn have a hive mentality. I'm wondering if maybe just a teeny, tiny, bit of that doesnt also transfer over during the joining.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, in the end, he comes to realize, and respect, that strength.

I think he understands before he gets his butt kicked because before you fight him he says, "A man is measured by the quality of his enemies, I'm not sure if the greater complement is to me or you." It's still too little, too late though; his acknowledgment of the warden's awesomeness does nothing to atone for his misdeeds.

@elooocin you can use ronin for short.

@elooocin, I don't know for sure, but when I first saw the name I thought: Rōnin (浪人) A samurai with no lord or master during the feudal period (1185–1868) of Japan. (thx for the definition Wikipedia!)

Oh, and as so exhaustively explained by others in this thread, "Loghain Must Die!"

The one time he didn't (in order to get the trophy) I didn't even like myself for the rest of the game. THEN I realized (and tested, 'cuz I'm just that anal) that with the "zz_addparty" console command one can execute him as he deserves at the Landsmeet (Alistair or PC, fun either way!) then add him (resurrected and evidently Joined!) at the appropriate moment for the final battle to have him die again!

@Thandal, actually that is exactly why the name, as I was trained for quite some time by a sensei who had the intent to make me a samurai, in the end I ended up veering off towards other martial arts, and did not complete the training, hence I became a Ronin. My old sensei passed away a few years ago, and since then I have used either ronin or wavewarrior in some way to commemorate what he taught me.

@Thandal, thank you for that definition! *gives cookies*

@Ronin, that is so amazing and I will be sure to address you properly from now on! :happy:

@Wolf & Rusty, I forgot about him saying those things! And yeah I agree that it's a little too late for him realizing his butt has been kicked by someone greater than him! *struts*

@Star, you do! Majority rules! :tongue: *pats your evil loving head* LOLOLOL!

Loghain is not evil, he is like Napoleon; once a great general but fell from grace after miscalculating his enemies. Loghain past is use by date, he let his grudge of Orlais take over him and made rash choices that hurt Ferelden more than saving it. He was not able to unite a nation and cause Howe to climb his way to power. His death is no surprise, but it is such a tragic way to fall out of favour. I think he regrets his past deeds and wishes to make up by joining the Grey Wardens, but there is one thing to note is that Calien's death is both cause by Loghain's failure to save him and his (Calien's) quest for glory. So Loghain is not really at fault at least.

Well, I'll say this- He had better hope to any and every diety that he believes in, that he doesnt meet up with Maric in the fade. I do not believe that Maric would be so forgiving of what Loghain did to the country that he fought so hard for, and gave up so much for.

Nor do I believe that Maric would forgive him for leaving Cailen on the field. Considering that it was Maric who rode out to save him when he was considered expendable, and left to die, himself. I mean honestly... THIS is how he repays Maric, and his wife, for saving his life? By leaving their son to the same fate that they rescued him from?

Flemeth told Maric "If you hold him close, he will betray you". hoooooo boy, did she ever have that one right!