Bugs! Please Help

WarKirby3333

I have run into 2 really nasty bugs.

1. I can't join the arena as a combatant. Every time I talk to Owyn in the bloodworks, he gives me another raiment and tells me to come back when the arena is open, even when it is open.

2. Falcar, the head of Cheydinhal mages guild, is not there. Which means I cant get a recommendation. Which means I cant get into the arcane university. Theres a locked door in the basement but it needs a key. Might he be in there?

I tried installing the official patch and it did not fix either of them. I need any sort of mod or patch to fix these problems, or some way to circumvent them.

Thanx WarKirby

I don't know about the arena thing though you should search in the mods section in case someone has fixed it with a mod. About the recommendation now: When did you run on that bug? After you started his errand? After that as an Argonian mae tells you it would be logical not to find him anywhere. In that case simply open the door and proceed to the goal. Did it happen before the errand? If so you should make 1-hour waits constantly until he reappears. AAnother solution would be to keep the game running (no twait mind you) until 72 in-game hours pass. Then simply reenter the building. The game resets itself every 72 in-game hours so it might solve your problem. You should also check your "radar", that stupid (although usefull) pointer on your compass. It might give you an idea and it might work with the movetoqt command to take you right to him. Be careful when using this command though, you might get suspended for tresspassing!

Can anyone help with the arena thing?

Have you tried deactivating all other mods you're running? Try that and see if it solves the issue.

If not, what exactly does Owyn say when you click on him and what menu choices (if any) are displayed?

Mez

Can anyone help with the arena thing?

Have you tried deactivating all other mods you're running? Try that and see if it solves the issue.

If not, what exactly does Owyn say when you click on him and what menu choices (if any) are displayed?

Mez

Owyn says 'Oh its you- what do you want?'

The options, every single time are:

"I'll be going now."

"I want to be a combatant."

Upon selecting the latter, Owyn gives his "What is it with you people." speech, and offers

a choice of raiment (this happens every time too.) Upon accepting a raiment, the normal conversation menu comes up.

Upon selecting "Ready for a match" Owyn says:

"You might be ready but the arena aint. Matches are held between 9.00AM and 9.00PM. Come back then"

He says this regardless of what time it is. If I leave the conversation and talk to him again, he says exactly the same things as before, including giving another raiment.

I have tried turning off all mods. (problem still occurs) And I have tried starting a new game (problem still occurs). Someone please help, I can't fight in the arena at all.

Oh, I found a way around the Falcar thing. I just started attcking people and made them follow me to the basement, and Falcar came to help, then I just yielded (no bounty!).

This probably isn't the best solution but it may fix your problem. I just created a mod which removes the 9am-9pm time restriction on the arena. Hopefully this will let you advance past the glitch that's holding you up.

You can download the mod from here. Just save it in your data folder and activate it under Data Files in the launcher.

Mezlo

• 2 weeks later...
Are you using the weather wizard mod? I heared it had conflicts with the arena, somehow. If so, there is a fix avaiable somewhere. I've seen it on planet elderscrolls, but I don't know if its here.

I tried your mod. all that happened was that the option 'ready for a match' dissappeared from owyn's conversation window at all times. which fixes nothing. Can anyone else help?

Sorry to hear my first quick mod didn't help. All it did was remove the time restriction from the first match, which apparently the game thinks you are past.

The only other suggestion I have is to try my 24 Hour Arena mod, which removes ALL time restrictions on the Arena (among other things). Other than that, perhaps you can upload your saved game somewhere so either myself or someone else can download it to work on the problem further.

Mezlo

Archived