Padomaic Abyss: An 8 month project

kibblesticks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually like to know this too, it sounds amazing!

Edit: It has a facebook page, and I found this quote from May 20th:

..The project is on hiatus since Jan due to other commitments but should be restarting in a few weeks when university finishes.

Edited by Talex666

Thanks for the support guys, it means so much that you've all taken such an interest in the project. As such I feel obliged to let you know the situation as it stands.

I've just finished uni and have been offered funding to make my own videogame, which is a huge deal for me. That funding won't be available for about 5 months, so I have to find work in the meantime and it's proving to be a pain in the rear end.

*wistfully remembers bygone days you could mod for hours after school*

Anyway long story short, I'm super busy and a little under pressure right now, BUT I really really want to finish this mod at some point as so many talented people have put in such hard work so far. Vulon with his soundtrack, Zakia, Jane and Chris with their concepts and armours, and all of you who have liked, followed, commented and otherwise shown support for the project, a massive thanks to you all. I can't let this die but I'm bogged down with life stuff right now.

So I'm going to make a concerted effort from today to do at least a small bit every weekend until I reach a more stable point in life and am able to dedicate more time here. Thanks again for everyone's continuing patience and belief in the project, you guys rock :smile:

Thanks for the support guys, it means so much that you've all taken such an interest in the project. As such I feel obliged to let you know the situation as it stands.

I've just finished uni and have been offered funding to make my own videogame, which is a huge deal for me. That funding won't be available for about 5 months, so I have to find work in the meantime and it's proving to be a pain in the rear end.

Anyway long story short, I'm super busy and a little under pressure right now, BUT I really really want to finish this mod at some point as so many talented people have put in such hard work so far. Vulon with his soundtrack, Zakia, Jane and Chris with their concepts and armours, and all of you who have liked, followed, commented and otherwise shown support for the project, a massive thanks to you all. I can't let this die but I'm bogged down with life stuff right now.

So I'm going to make a concerted effort from today to do at least a small bit every weekend until I reach a more stable point in life and am able to dedicate more time here. Thanks again for everyone's continuing patience and belief in the project, you guys rock :smile:

:thumbsup: As much as I'm looking forward to trying out your mod I hope you don't feel pressured to pull all nighters or anything like that. Finding work these days can be hard, and modding is an extreme time-consumer and rushing a product is often regrettable. Do let me know if you want some help :)

Good Luck!

Galandil put it very well.

I totally get where you're at right now (if not exactly, but a situation where you've got a big mod you want to finish, but can't because of RL) - and I think most modders do. Good luck, and I hope everything works out. Congrats on getting the funding.

Awesome :D

I'm actually looking to get into modding, are there any things I could do to help out? I don't have the experience to handle more complex stuff, but I'm sure I could.. well.. plant a rock, or something. I can't guarantee that it would be the right shape or size, or be put in the right place, but I promise I would place that rock with a lot of enthusiasm.

Thanks for the comments chaps, really appreciate it. Galandil & Talex666, I'll be sure to let you know when I've sorted out tasks that could help, thanks for the offer!

This is where we're at right now. This is a vid from December, just before I switched projects to focus on my game funding trailer. Hopefully we'll see this space slowly but surely evolve into a playable experience over the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks monganfinn!

This Sunday I worked for a few hours on a root piece. It's just a tester, to see if I could get a look that matches Chris' concept before committing to several larger segments. I think it came out pretty well all in all.

http://i.imgur.com/uYghP3a.jpg?1

Concept:

http://i.imgur.com/QpZ0uzk.jpg