PLEASE help a noob (load) order superfluous graphics mods!

burdfishdemon

PLEASE HELP! :]

Okay so I'm new to the PC and modding. I have a $1000 dollar setup so I should be able to handle most things. I have all my mods now installed through MO (except Project ENB CoT version which I *think* I installed right except for the instructions specific to CoT).

Also I did run the mod combiner program but most of my mods weren't offered for combining. PLUS I don't know if it was good to go after I completed combining because nothing new appeared in Mod Organizer.

My current problems include huge blocky trees that don't render well until close, mainly on mountains. Additionally, I'm seeing floating objects like lanterns in places like Riverwood.

Anyways, please help me order all these graphical mods for the best looks. Please tell me which ones not to use as well:

-Skyrim HD 2K Textures

-Serious HD Retexture Skyrim

-Vivid Landcapes - All in one

-Project ENB or Sharpshooter's Extreme Graphics ENB (which one?) (Also things seem a little brighter and nicer with PNB, but I could just be denying a faulty install)

-Project Reality Climates of Tamriel

-Project Parallax Remastered

-Enhanced Distant Terrain

-Enhanced Distant Terrain 2

-Immersive Saturation Boost

-Realistic Lighting Overhaul

-Enhanced Night Skyrim

-Ultimate HD Fire Effects

-Lanterns of Skyrim- All in One

-Expanded Towns and Cities

-Static Mesh Improvement Mod

-Wet and Cold

-Towns and Villages Enhanced: Whiterun

-Real Rain

-Better Dynamic Snow

-Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs Retexture

-Skyrim Flora Overhaul

-Dense Vegetation

-Lush Trees and Grass

-Unique Grasses and Groundcovers

-WATER

-AOF HD Tree LODs

If you're a noob at this - I would recommend using Nexus Mod Manager and LOOT. NMM for the mod managing, and LOOT to sort the load order. Also, look up Gopher Vids on YouTube - he is very helpful in providing the community with really good tutorials on all of this sort of stuff. He also has recent videos on Mod Organizer and how to use it properly if you're still interested in using MO over NMM. Plus, Gopher has videos on those two exact ENB's you mention - he reviews them. His installation instruction however, they are outdated (so I've been told).

UPDATE:

I'll save you the trouble of looking:

LOOT:

http://loot.github.io/

How to use LOOT:

Gopher's Modding for Beginners series:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

Gopher's Mod Organizer Series:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK

Gopher's Series on ENB mods:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-De1YrWupbcesibJIRZkMVB8

Edited by DaddyDirection

Gromulos is correct, both of those tools are also very helpful. TesVEdit is also good at detecting mods that are causing issues as well. Anyway, if you don't know how to use those pograms take a looks at these guides:

TESVEdit:

http://www.creationkit.com/Category:TES5Edit

Wrye Bash:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Wrye_Bash

UPDATE: Unless you begin using NMM and disable MO, you will need to watch Gohper's Mod Organizer series to know how to use these programs in MO. The same applies to LOOT. Or any third party program for that matter, like the SkyRe Reproccer.

Edited by DaddyDirection

Okay I had wyre bash installed before but I deleted it in my foolishness. I'm having a lot of trouble right now (certain mods like invested magic not working) as well as things rendering completely differently when I'm close to them, so I hope this works. I already have LOOT but doesn't that just sort plugin order?

You just tell LOOT to confirm their changes, that's it. Gopher does discuss how to use LOOT in one of the videos I shared with you. It does appear however that he does not discuss Wrye Bash. Perhaps this video may help? I have not watched this yet.

Pro Tip: Click "Edit" under your post if you wish to add something. It prevents double/triple posting. You can even add things like "Update" if you wish to inform others of your added information.

Edited by DaddyDirection

maybe this will help and clarify a few things for you :smile:

You need to run LOOT, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, in that order

Loot is not 100% and if that is all you're using you're going to have many problems as you progress through your play through

1.5 ) with many mods loaded, you should be using 2 other programs ( Wrye Bash and TES5Edit ), when you run Wrye Bash if any checkmarks are not green, those mods are causing problems in your game, you make them turn green by dragging them up or down in your load order in wrye bash till they do turn green, ok that's one problem

2) with many mods loaded into your game you HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Bash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also. One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB or the Reproccer. DO NOT USE A MERGED PATCH AND A BASHED PATCH AT THE SAME TIME, ONE OR THE OTHER.

3) TES5EDIT is used to do 2 things,

(A) verify that your load order is not missing any files that your mods need and

(B) verify that no primary files are being loaded after secondary files. When you run TES5EDIT it will throw up an error box and the error will be displayed at the bottom of the right pane / panel. All you have to do is read what it says and it will tell you exactly how to fix the problem in Wrye Bash. Yes, you can open Wrye Bash while TES5EDIT is open so you don't even have to write down what the error is :smile:

Please remember that while LOOT is a great program it is NOT 100 %

all 3 programs are linked in my siggy below

Let me know if you need anymore help :smile:

EDIT: The way i make wrye bash and Mod Organizer work together is i use LOOT, then Wrye Bash, then TES5EDIT, when the load order is completely done and I know there are no errors, then I open MO and I make the load order in MO match the same load order in Wrye Bash, takes a little more time that way but with me having a level 72 and a level 42 character and having little to zero problems in game, I must be doing something right lol. Yes I have the occasional CTD but I am sure that those few CTD's I have are caused by the vanilla Skyrim files, I run 150 mods plus ALL my INI's have been manually edited by me line by line, this includes the uncapper INI and the INI's for hialgo boost and switch also, and yes I did manage to get BOTH to run at the same time, something even the maker of boost and switch thought wasn't possible lol, and THAT I can prove, it's in the hialgo forums lol :P

Edited by gromulos