Make Your Home Multiple Adoption Friendly

Ld50365

A couple of the keywords are different in SE I think. Like there is no BYOHHouseLocationType but there is a BYOHHouseLocationKeyword.

Also you have to add a doll idle inside the house (I don't think that's in the tutorial but I could of missed it).

I was getting the error: PHXCH - No SandboxOutside found!

Turned out my x marker with childsandboxoutside was just over the border of the cell. I moved it, which fixed the error.

Bless Home is now working and detecting 6 beds.

Thanks for the tutorial!

• 3 months later...

Alright, so i've followed each of these steps, one by one and got it to work.

Mostly.

When I cast the spell, It asks if I want to make the house mod I've made my home. But when i click yes, a message apears in the corner that says "this house is not suitable for my family."

I tried running the Papyrus logs and that does nothing but crash the game to desktop after 10 minutes. It doesn't even tell me why the 'Bless Home' spell won't work properly.

• 1 month later...

My Papyrus logs are saying: PHXCH - No SandboxOutside found!

So I looked for the ChildSandboxOutside as you described, but mine has Adoption_ ahead of it so it reads: BYOHAdoption_ChildSandboxOutside instead. I wonder if this might be the error, and if so, whether you have any suggestions for fixing it?

I tried moving the marker, like Blake did, and it's still returning the same error. Will keep hunting for a solution and update if I find one before anyone manages to reply, but I suspect I will need help on this one.

• 10 months later...

Look... Here is what's happening to my game. I started multiple adoptions at the beginning of my game... I have many homes now, I have 6 kid beds in several of them. 2 of the homes I have tried to get it to work and still I only have 2 children. 1 of homes is "Valkyrja Castle Whiterun" which is where I started and my first 2 adoptions worked fine, I recently moved my family (at level 48) to Proudspire in Solitude. Throughout my time playing the game I have tried to adopt other children and they go through the motions and accept my offer but they never leave their towns... they are now happy and continue wandering around and the only thing that I can get out of them when I click on them is "Yes?" or "Need something?" and that's it. I just hit level 50... and I blessed both homes, Valkyrja Castle at the beginning of the game before I could adopt anyone and Proudspire prior to moving in. Still no luck. I have even tried to "resetAI" console command on the children and I disabled and re-enabled them in the console to no avail. I even tried "moveto player" console command and they just walk out the door and go back to there town. I am about to give up on it and install the "Dragons Keep SSE" Player House / Castle / Boarding School Mod. Hoping that will give me new dialog for them so I can at least send them there because that mod worked for me before in my last install of the game. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
This may be a dumb question but worth the ask. These instructions are to make a house compatible with the Hearthfires Multiple Adoptions mod that’s available on Xbox and I’m assuming PC as well. However would it also work alongside a mod such as Relocate NPCs which is on PS4? Since the multiple adoption mod isn’t available on the PlayStation. It’s not the same type of mod I don’t think but in a way it does the same thing... essentially. If it would work the same way, would the steps be the same or would I have to do some things differently? I appreciate any insight. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question but worth the ask. These instructions are to make a house compatible with the Hearthfires Multiple Adoptions mod that’s available on Xbox and I’m assuming PC as well. However would it also work alongside a mod such as Relocate NPCs which is on PS4? Since the multiple adoption mod isn’t available on the PlayStation. It’s not the same type of mod I don’t think but in a way it does the same thing... essentially. If it would work the same way, would the steps be the same or would I have to do some things differently? I appreciate any insight. Thanks!!

I was reading the mod for Relocate NPCs on Bnet and it said:

":: New player's house fully compatible with your family ::

When you place the fairy in a mod house, the fairy sometimes twinkles golden once. It means that the mod house is compatible "Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions" on PC. This mod can detect all location objects for "Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions". So your family can move inside or outside of the house. It's still good that you place the fairy near to the player's bed for your spouse to detect the bed. Your children will be able to detect their beds without the fairy's help."

So if you make it compatible with hearthfire multiple adoptions, it sounds like it will also work for this mod.

Edited by Amilovescake

Or just leave the little useless urchins in the street. They have no combat benefit, they never give anything worth anything more than you can loot from a bandit camp, they don't provide you with extra vendors to unload all that stuff you've hoarded. Save yourself the headache and just download https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1108.

• 8 months later...

Hi there, sorry to revive this thread *again*, but I seem to be having a problem. Everything works, however users of the mod have been reporting that random NPCs show up at the house, even spawn there. The only thing I have found that could be the issue (unless someone else has a suggestion) is the Exterior Cell keyword 'LocTypeHabitation'. Is there a similar keyword that will work the same way but won't attract random NPC's from all over Tamriel, or another way to fix this issue?

I appreciate any help that anyone can give me. I have literally ZERO other ideas on how to fix this issue and have no other clue why it would be happening in the first place. Making the home 'family friendly' was important, but its proving to be a pain in the rear... or mine at least XD

THANK YOU!!